GT Legends Club Racing Schedule

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All - Carlos & I have been having some discussions about the Club with regards to Schedule, Race Type, Mod Integration, etc. and we've kind of come up with the following:

The GT Legends Club to be run on "3 month" Cycles. I'll use Oct/Nov/Dec as an example:

Month 1 - Oct - Mod Vehicle & Add-on Track introduction events. We will only be introducing New Content during "Month 1" of the 3 month Cycle. Not every event, but any new content we want to run going forward will only be introduced inside Month 1.

For instance (albeit a bit over a month and back into Sep) we have recently introduced: Mini 1310 / Falcon Rallye / Volvo P1800 / Boss 302 / Lancia Fulvia / Renault 8TS / Opel Commodore / Vitus Club / Vitus Nat / Elkhart Lake / Oulton Park / Road Atlanta 70 / Charade 70. That is a lot of new content, and probably more than we will introduce within a "normal" Month 1, but you get the idea, hopefully.

Month 2 - Nov - Mod Freeze, no new content introduced to the Club. Depending on the type and initial acceptance of the content, maybe a small series can be run with the new content, or some versus events, or if the content is a particularly good track, maybe a few events on it with contrasting vehicles.

Month 3 - Dec - Still on a Mod Freeze. New content is now established into (or removed from) the Club. The Club starts integrating the new content into "normal" events. If the Vehicle(s) or Track(s) warrant it, maybe a special event (Enduro/Multiclass/Open Choice etc) can be run utilising the new content to finish the month off.

The Cycle then starts again with Month 1 - Jan - where Carlos & I start to introduce new content (KGX110 / BMW 2002 / or whatever); Month 2 - Feb - some more events; Month 3 - Mar - Full integration and possible special event. Etc.

What we hope to achieve with this, while we all generally love new content, is to try and limit too much downloading too often, and hopefully promote the new content enough so that people get familiar with it, develop setups for it, and then it integrates perfectly with already established favourites, thereby making the whole game that much of a richer experience.

Obviously, this was just something we were discussing between us, and we'd both like to hear your thoughts and feedback.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I must admit that it is sometimes a bit daunting to make a late(ish) decision to join an event, only to find that there is a huge amount of downloading needed for it. Especially if the downloading has to be done from NoGrip who restrict their download limits severely these days.

Yep - we'd definitely try and give everyone a bit of lead time as well, some advanced notification of what new stuff we'll be intending to introduce during "Month 1".

As a related issue, what would we think about us using a limited track set during the 3 months we're talking about?

Look at it this way, 3 months = approx 13 weeks = approx 26 events.

Take off approx 4 events (average) for the League = 22 Club events (Ish)

For those 22(ish) Club events, what would you think if we limited it to, say, between 6 and 9 assorted tracks?

2/3 short, 2/3 medium , 2/3 long etc.

It might help with:-

i)familiarity for new vehicles
ii) setups
iii) closeness in racing

Any thoughts?

Sounds good:good: Two words really caught my eye: Special Event. If such an event was promoted in good time before the event it would be really nice with a big field for an enduro or multiclass event. I remember the Abarth@Nordsleife event which was advertised on the front page as a special event and a lot of people showed up IIRC.

I am in fore new things,like the track setup with; 2/3 short, 2/3 medium , 2/3 long etc. with different car mods.

Enduro , with a max of 200km for me that is long enough lol.

Special events can kick up some more interest, to take part of new guys ?!

I like the idea of having a "format", I tend to go crazy looking for never before used tracks to introduce you guys to, and sometimes these "new to us" tracks have to be downloaded along with a mod car, and you guys might catch yourselves spending more time grabbing stuff than practicing for the event.

With this new layout, I can take my time doing my research while we get used to what we already have in the menu. We might get less content, but there is a very good chance it will be of great quality, and that is what matters most.

Sounds good:good: Two words really caught my eye: Special Event. If such an event was promoted in good time before the event it would be really nice with a big field for an enduro or multiclass event. I remember the Abarth@Nordsleife event which was advertised on the front page as a special event and a lot of people showed up IIRC.
Yeah - if we were setting up a special event, we'd be able to give it about a month and a half lead time. In the 3 month cycle, that would give us enough time to work out if the new content would fit in a special event, or to sort something else out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back