AMS2 GT Classics @ Imola 1972, Tuesday 1st November 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Sure, if it's during the afternoon. I have a race tomorrow night. But, I can put the server up for a 30minute race. The 3 hour practice server is up at the moment.

Tried both of them for several laps, and I couldnt get the Corvette turned until i lowered front springs and roll bar and diff too. Then i could beat my best Porsche lap quite easily. With the Porsche it feels i need to push hard to get a good time, and the Corvette i just need to get it under control and braked early enough and it goes fast, haha.
Is that just me?

Tried both of them for several laps, and I couldnt get the Corvette turned until i lowered front springs and roll bar and diff too. Then i could beat my best Porsche lap quite easily. With the Porsche it feels i need to push hard to get a good time, and the Corvette i just need to get it under control and braked early enough and it goes fast, haha.
Is that just me?
Looking at the timetrial this corvette seems indeed way quicker.

It is quicker, but keeping it on track is the real test. Imola is as fast as Monza from Rivazza to Tosa - that's about half the track, it's the rest of the lap that causes the Chev problems. At Road America for instance, the Porsche destroyed the Corvette as the big fat tank couldn't deal with the medium speed corners as well as the 911. So, it's a bit of this and a bit of that regarding the strengths of each.

Hmmm, the practice server is closed, but it's a practice, non-race server. Do you want to do a sprint race? Doing a peer to peer open server is probably okay if you don't mind being destroyed by random bad drivers.

Well, Guido & I have just done 3 races on open servers and the Porsche is the best race car in AMS2! It is a wonder. The Corvette is fast, but keeping it together is almost impossible. I, however, will be using it in Race 1, and switching to the Porsche in R2.

The Porsche is a great car to drive. Really enjoyed it. I ised my big wheel (35 cm) and seq shifter (yes I know it has manual original ) and its really great on immersion. The engine sound and cockpit grafics for creating a “ I am driving a racecar” feeling. Looking forward to Theusday. Only hoping family life will let me race

I am hoping AMS2 will comw up with a GT Legends pack DLC in future. There is great demand for those and if they will be anything like the Porsche (and Vette although handfull like in real life) I can see lots off people drving those all the time.

Yes, the more you drive the Porsche, the more it starts to outshine every other car in this sim. I really think it is the best car in game. Maybe a series with these is in order in future. Oh, BTW the RC is out...Classic Spa is here!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back