AMS2 GT Classics @ Imola 1972, Tuesday 1st November 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Yeah, everyone needs to be aware of their particular timezone in relation to UTC. UTC never changes so it is always the time used in our Tuesday races.

Results

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 21-44-44 Result 221101-g0f - Imola_GP_1972 - RaceDepartment.com #3 GT...png

Last edited:
Way off the pace in both races, turning up to these races with little or no practice in unfamiliar cars is not a good idea :confused:

Yes, these cars in particular really need time to learn their handling. I always will try to put a practice server up a week before the race, so give it a go if you can. Next week is going to need a lot of practice...

I thought I might be able to give you a run for your money in the second race @PurgerUK, then it was suddenly like you realised you had left the handbrake on a bit..... :)

I felt like the Porsche was much better suited for closer racing than the corvette. You just had a lot more wiggle room under braking and acceleration. It's also nice to have found an old school H pattern that handles well

Way off the pace in both races, turning up to these races with little or no practice in unfamiliar cars is not a good idea :confused:
I suspect it's the whole combo in this instance. I didn't practice the cars, but knew the track and it really keeps you on your toes with the way you have kinks in and around the heavier braking zones which needs careful balancing of the car.

I used to really struggle to get up to speed and require a lot of pre-race practice, but not so much in recent times. I don't know if it's just that I'm familiar with most tracks now having been playing regularly for over two years. I tend to take a more relaxed approach during practice now though and start slow, focusing more on exits and good use of the track width rather than trying to find the absolute limit on the braking as that seems to work itself out a little more naturally that way for me

I suspect it's the whole combo in this instance. I didn't practice the cars, but knew the track and it really keeps you on your toes with the way you have kinks in and around the heavier braking zones which needs careful balancing of the car.

I used to really struggle to get up to speed and require a lot of pre-race practice, but not so much in recent times. I don't know if it's just that I'm familiar with most tracks now having been playing regularly for over two years. I tend to take a more relaxed approach during practice now though and start slow, focusing more on exits and good use of the track width rather than trying to find the absolute limit on the braking as that seems to work itself out a little more naturally that way for me
New track and cars for me, which is the same for most tuesdays so far, some tracks/cars are a bit easier to learn than others. The track had some very tricky corners which combined with those cars made it a very steep learning curve. I only managed about 3 laps in each car pracctice before the event. I must try and find more time to practice upcoming races :)

rather than trying to find the absolute limit on the braking as that seems to work itself out a little more naturally that way for me
Yup this is the same for me too, recently been able to drive midfield without any practice before showing up for the session. I tend to brake early and focus on the exits and slowly work the brake point up as the race progresses.

That was a fun race last night! Loved the corvette, and the Porsche too obviously, though I did the second race heel and toe for the first time so that was fun.

I thought I might be able to give you a run for your money in the second race @PurgerUK, then it was suddenly like you realised you had left the handbrake on a bit..... :)

I felt like the Porsche was much better suited for closer racing than the corvette. You just had a lot more wiggle room under braking and acceleration. It's also nice to have found an old school H pattern that handles well
It certainly took me a few laps to shake the Corvette off as I was braking way too early at first plus when I found getting out of corners in second was a little sluggish a brief dip of the clutch helped to get the revs up and also rotate a little.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back