AC GT Championship Round 3 @ Barbagallo - Sunday 17th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A race to forget for me,

allready stressed out ( actually pissed) from work earlier, got collected in T2 and driving angry afterwards did not improve performance at all.

Should probably have enjoyed the "battle for the red lantern" instead of driving angry.:rolleyes:

Question about Blue Flags:

from my understanding the lapping driver makes the move and I lift a little when he gets alongside on the straights so we both loose a s little time as possible.

At least that´s how I read and understood the RD Racing Rules:

Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.

Yesterday I was under the impression that I was supposed to give up the fight I´m in and to park my car??

Any input appreciated.

Thanks brian for organizing and some nice battling laps.

Question about Blue Flags:

from my understanding the lapping driver makes the move and I lift a little when he gets alongside on the straights so we both loose a s little time as possible.

It doesn't mention alongside. It doesn't work unless the faster driver is running a lower click or two of wing. Not always the case.
At least that´s how I read and understood the RD Racing Rules:

Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.
My interpretation of the thinking there is, let the faster car decide if he wants to pass up the inside. If you are going to take the inside line into a corner you need to do so early in the straight and lift of some throttle. See robert lapping me into the last corner.

Don't brake early with the faster car directly behind you, or make a late move to the inside to give them the racing line.

Yesterday I was under the impression that I was supposed to give up the fight I´m in and to park my car??

No but whatever time you loose initially with a lift the car ahead in your fight will loose similar also. You also risk getting a 2 point penalty for ignoring blue flags. More again if there is a collision etc.
Any input appreciated.

Thanks brian for organizing and some nice battling laps.
Thanks for racing Carsten. I enjoyed the fight. I might not have held my cool if it was for P10+!!

Hi Carsten,

sorry for your sub-optimal race yesterday, hopefully next one will be more fun for you!

Actually I agree to Brians conclusions above and usually most drivers just lift a bit on the straights allowing the lapping driver to pass securely. Especially on such narrow tracks with short straights its really difficult to lap, even if someone's pace is much stronger.

Yesterday I felt that I did loose some time behind you, thats why I told you that I'm behind in case you wouldn't have seen me. Unfortunately I followed Brian off the track and needed to lap you again the lap after. I think we touched a bit then, when you slided into the corner, hopefully you didn't loose too much time. sorry for that!

My personal opinion is that the ones fighting for podium or big points should loose as little time as possible with lapping. In general that works very, very well in our club races!

Last edited:
I guess there´s the root for our missunderstanding.

I was expecting you to "get a better exit" and "force" the overtake.
As soon as you appeared alongside I was ready to lift.
My personal opinion is that the ones fighting for podium or big points should loose as little time as possible with lapping. In general that works very, very well in our club races!
Got it:

"backmarkers, shut up and roll over" ;)

I guess there´s the root for our missunderstanding.

I was expecting you to "get a better exit" and "force" the overtake.
As soon as you appeared alongside I was ready to lift.

Got it:

"backmarkers, shut up and roll over" ;)
Getting a better exit of course would be optimal but thats difficult if the driver in front stays on the ideal line ;)

Actually that would be a normal overtake, but lapping is something different.

As I said, most of the time it works very good so no reason to change anything :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If I have nothing to gain, irrespective if I am being blue flagged or the driver behind is obviously faster and there a a lot of laps left, I just pull to the right or left, lift, then follow them to get some lost time back.

Unfortunately they do not know what’s in my head, it has not been exactly rare that when I pull over they follow me, then if they are blue flags they think I am being unfair, if it is a faster driver they follow me thinking I am trying to break the tow. That leaves me in no mans land because I now cannot lift.:unsure:

Funnily last night I think it was Thomas blue flagging me and as I was desperate to remove a number 13 from my finishing spot and was trying to get to 12th,
.i ignored the blue flag until I spotted he was being chased by the next driver, and I quickly moved over..
My point, it really is complicated to try and make a rule with so much going on.?

But in the end unless the blue flag guy tells you to carry on racing, just move over, lift, let him by.
It really is that simple, you rather hope that if you are being chased the guy behind you does not take advantage of your gentlemanly gesture. to the blue flag.
That happens a lot, which then make people less likely to act in the proper way..

Now if I am chasing and something happens, unless the car I am chasing is involved, I cease racing till the incident is passed and then continue to try for a pass.
Now try and get the rest of the field to act that way? :O_o:

Last edited:
If I have nothing to gain, irrespective if I am being blue flagged or the driver behind is obviously faster and there a a lot of laps left, I just pull to the right or left, lift, then follow them to get some lost time back.

Unfortunately they do not know what’s in my head, it has not been exactly rare that when I pull over they follow me, then if they are blue flags they think I am being unfair, if it is a faster driver they follow me thinking I am trying to break the tow. That leaves me in no mans land because I now cannot lift.:unsure:

Funnily last night I think it was Thomas blue flagging me and as I was desperate to remove a number 13 from my finishing spot and was trying to get to 12th,
.i ignored the blue flag until I spotted he was being chased by the next driver, and I quickly moved over..
My point, it really is complicated to try and make a rule with so much going on.?

But in the end unless the blue flag guy tells you to carry on racing, just move over, lift, let him by.
It really is that simple, you rather hope that if you are being chased the guy behind you does not take advantage of your gentlemanly gesture. to the blue flag.
That happens a lot, which then make people less likely to act in the proper way..

Now if I am chasing and something happens, unless the car I am chasing is involved, I cease racing till the incident is passed and then continue to try for a pass.
Now try and get the rest of the field to act that way? :O_o:
I think I'm the guy that was inadvertently let by. I'm afraid the gentlemanly gesture was in vain, because my race was awful.

I had a decent start, but I misjudged the space available between two cars and wiped both of them out (in retrospect - a very bad move and hopefully something I don't repeat). I didn't know who it was that was involved so I pulled off to the side of the track and punished myself thoroughly by only rejoining after the back of the field passed me.

I managed to work my way up to 8th when my domestic duties called and I decided to just call it a day with about 20 mins to go.

Also, I was doing some offline driving this weekend and rediscovered the RSS "GT-N" cars. They see to have the right combination of characteristics that this group likes to race (and they're pretty cheap). I figured I would throw these out as a suggestion for a future race.

We have already raced some of these as well as some of the URD equivalents. I then bought all of the RSS ones in a bundle and would love to race them again so I agree 100% @Interslice .

We have already raced some of these as well as some of the URD equivalents. I then bought all of the RSS ones in a bundle and would love to race them again so I agree 100% @Interslice .
We've races the "GT-M" or GT3 cars (which are fantastic - especially the 911), but I don't remember the racing the GT-N cars. I'm referring to the RSS equivalent of the 996 Porsche RSR and the Ferrari 360 GT from the mid 2000s.

They're a tad faster than the GT4 cars, but still approachable.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.