AC GT Championship Race #1 - Sunday 31th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Last edited:
I see a new 'Championship" starting with AC and GT3/4 category.
  1. What is a 'championship' and how is it different from the GT3 races we've been running until now?
  2. Will this be separate from the GT3 races we've been having?
  3. Will there be points?
  4. Will be locked into using the same car for each race?
  5. Is there a beginning, and end date?

I see a new 'Championship" starting with AC and GT3/4 category.
  1. What is a 'championship' and how is it different from the GT3 races we've been running until now?
  2. Will this be separate from the GT3 races we've been having?
  3. Will there be points?
  4. Will be locked into using the same car for each race?
  5. Is there a beginning, and end date?
  1. Fixed set of drivers, generally a bit more serious. Also this one in particular has rolling start and dynamic track.
  2. Depends on what you mean by "separate". If you mean you need to be signed up to the championship and commit to doing all the races, yes.
  3. Yes, see "scoring" on SGP.
  4. Yes.
  5. See https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-european-gt-championship-2021.209520/

Last edited:
  1. Fixed set of drivers, generally a bit more serious. Also this one in particular has rolling start and dynamic track.
  2. Depends on what you mean by "separate". If you mean you need to be signed up to the championship and commit to doing all the races, yes.
  3. Yes, see "scoring" on SGP.
  4. Yes.
  5. See https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-european-gt-championship-2021.209520/
Thanks Chris! by separate I was wondering if the other GT3 races will still be held, or replaced by this.
Last question: If we sign up, and for whatever reason can't make it, what's the protocol?

Thanks Chris! by separate I was wondering if the other GT3 races will still be held, or replaced by this.
Last question: If we sign up, and for whatever reason can't make it, what's the protocol?

There is no separate GT3 event this week. We were leaving the option out there for a second championship to run alongside, but there wasn't sufficient reserve numbers in the end. I will create a separate GT3 event for the future championship sunday's.

If you can't attend a championship race last minute, there's no problem, you can stay signed up and enter the remaining races. If it's likely you can't attend most of the races it's probably better to leave the grid slot for someone who can.

Last edited:
Great race everyone! Congrats to @EireGreen™ on the GT4 win :thumbsup:

From my side reasonably good race, the pace wasn't as good as in previous races here, even at 100% grip, but at least it was consistent and I didn't make any mistakes. Very important with @Aksu and @demetri breathing down one's neck! :coffee:

I bolted at the exit of Variante Alta, hoping to get a bit of a jump, but I think my angle was a bit too obvious and only managed to get ~0.7 seconds at the start/finish line on @demetri. At least this was enough that I could escape a bit while Aki and Dmitri battled behind.

Pitted a bit early when encountering GT4 traffic at around the 27-28 minute mark, trying to do the undercut on Aki and hoping he would get stuck in traffic. It worked, sort of: I entered with 2 seconds and left with about 3-4, but I'd hoped for a bit more. It certainly wasn't a comfortable margin.

After that it was all just about holding it together towards the end. Had a... very scary moment lapping a GT3 who shall go unnamed, who for god knows what reason decided to brake check me when there was a GT4 already on the left, so I had absolutely nowhere to go... that cost me a second or so and was no fun for the stress levels.

After that, just tried to keep consistent banker laps until the end, which was enough to hold off Aki and secure the win. A stressful one to be sure!

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211031-4vn

VR onboard:

Last edited:
Well, that was a race and a half, I seem to have developed a sixth sense for this racing malarky.
Had a suspicion it was not going to go well, so I am very happy to be where I ended up. :)
Had my eye on Thomas, but knew that was not going to be an easy task.:unsure:
But I cannot match the Mclaren here for most of the track, but I can easily get him on the straights, so just bided my time, unfortunately, got hit, that was twice, that just about scuppered that; plus I seemed to get the worst of the GT4's, twice scuppered.
OIP (2).jpg
just resigned myself to the fate of motor racing. The front four were not on the radar, obviously, so pleased with the outcome in the end.

Plus I had a great battle with Jen's, enjoyed that.:)

Great event Brian @Interslice , made an event out of it, well done all podiums, and thank all the GT4's for being most considerate, even though I know you were all picking on me.
Percyaviator.jpg

Last edited:
Holy moly, I had a second stint to forget. First one went slow and steady with no real issues. I pitted in 28 minutes to try and undercut Han but it all fell apart after that. I was having a big issue turning into V. alta, same old braking too late story. Lost it there a few times and had a big collision bopping into @Taj Johal coming into rivazza after we ended up 3 wide with @Aksu. A race to forget learn from and be back stronger :p

Congrats to @Chris Down and @EireGreen™, who was a different class in gt4 tonight.

That turned out to be a great race for me! Qualifying a bit slower than hoped had me starting 6th. Held that spot until Taj had an off and I was able to get up to 4th. Managed to keep him in my mirrors until pitting with 15 minutes to go. Taj was still close, but I think he had some bad luck when being passed by the faster cars. I found myself in 3rd place with a few laps to go and was happy to just hold the position to the flag. When I crossed the line, low and behold I was in 2nd place. I didn't see what happened but I guess Han had an off and I slipped past!

Woohoo!

Congratulations to all the finishers. Thanks for organizing!

Last edited:
Not my best race. At the rolling start warm up lap Tim in front of me suddenly had a spin and for a few seconds I didn't know what to do: wait or continue. I decided to do the last but the gap to Michael was already 5 seconds. Had trouble with the low grip and found my pace only around 98% grip. Cruising at 2nd I lost some seconds when a GT3 passed me just before Variante Alta thus blocking my turn-in point. After my pitstop the gap to Michael in front was suddenly 15s and Pat being 16s behind me I relaxed to cruise to the end.
In the last laps I thought I hadn't enough fuel to finish (which wasn't the case but I must have accidentely altered my sidekick settings) so I went for a 2nd pitstop but I (again accidentely) had selected the one with tyre change so after that I came out 4th close behind Taj. With a better exit in the last turn I could overtake him in the last meters of the race for 3rd.

How many stupid mistakes can you make in one race???!!! I left discord immediately as I was so disappointed in myself that I didn't want to listen any further.

Thanks all for racing and Brian for hosting. Congrats to the GT3 podium and to Michael and Pat for their succes :thumbsup: .

Last edited:
Report from the back of the GT3 grid.

Ernie made me laugh on the rolling start lap, asking Chris to slow down as he couldn’t keep up! Well I think I got close to my sector PB on that lap when Chis pulled the pin! :DBut I really like the rolling starts even though it does take away some of the buzz of a standing start.

Qualifying 11th, my race was with Casper and what an enjoyable time it was, at the end I asked Casper to get back to his 911 as he was too close to me in the 488 :D but well done Casper for your tyre management. Finishing P10 might not sound exciting but for fun and enjoyment it was a 10 out of 10.

Well done to both podiums, thanks to Brian/Han for organising and many thanks to the GT4 guys for giving me space when lapping. Great job.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not my best race. At the rolling start warm up lap Tim in front of me suddenly had a spin and for a few seconds I didn't know what to do: wait or continue. I decided to do the last but the gap to Michael was already 5 seconds. Had trouble with the low grip and found my pace only around 98% grip. Cruising at 2nd I lost some seconds when a GT3 passed me just before Variante Alta thus blocking my turn-in point. After my pitstop the gap to Michael in front was suddenly 15s and Pat being 16s behind me I relaxed to cruise to the end.
In the last laps I thought I hadn't enough fuel to finish (which wasn't the case but I must have accidentely altered my sidekick settings) so I went for a 2nd pitstop but I (again accidentely) had selected the one with tyre change so after that I came out 4th close behind Taj. With a better exit in the last turn I could overtake him in the last meters of the race for 3rd.

How many stupid mistakes can you make in one race???!!! I left discord immediately as I was so disappointed in myself that I didn't want to listen any further.

Thanks all for racing and Brian for hosting. Congrats to the GT3 podium and to Michael and Pat for their succes :thumbsup: .
Yep, I had a shocker. The rolling start caught me out, cold tyres and never done one before. I heard somebody say GO and just put too much power down on the chicane exit and that was that. I heard the "what are you doing" on the radio but to be honest I wasn't really sure myself at that point so I didn't have a suitable explanation to give. Had another off a bit later in when I caught Taj, no idea how I managed to finish 4th with that performance. The start and different track conditions really caught me out with this car.

Good fun though, look forward to the next one. Congratulations to the podium drivers.

Qualifying 11th, my race was with Casper and what an enjoyable time it was, at the end I asked Casper to get back to his 911 as he was too close to me in the 488 :D but well done Casper for your tyre management. Finishing P10 might not sound exciting but for fun and enjoyment it was a 10 out of 10.

I'd second this sentiment! I qualified 9th or 10th if I recall correctly, not my fastest time but everyone else had the same track to drive on so that was my saving grace for quali! Once I got up to pace during the race I managed to stick to Paul quite well, I had optimized the 488 to be fast in the corners so I always lost on him during the straights but got comfortably close during all the lovely chicane's. Unfortunately I couldn't really make a move because I went with a one stop strategy without changing tires, so my softs went 3 red!

It was a great race and hopefully soon I wll be able to best Paul! ;)

I do miss the 911 though, I always feel at home when driving it!

I finished the race with a grin on my face but also a bit frustrated, but not as frustrated as Han ;)

I'm not too good at qualifying, but somehow managed to qualify where I hoped. The second rolling start went well, except for Tim who decided to spin off :) But it meant a quicker driver was behind who would at some point catch up.

The first half of the race went surprisingly well, kept Brian within 1 or 2 seconds in front of me, with Han the same gap in front of Brian. I felt quicker than Brian, the Maserati looked a handful at times and Brian was certainly exploring the track limits :D
But I decided to hang back and play the long game.

However an incident with a GT3, who absolutely wanted to overtake on the outside going into Aqua Minarelli (although I stayed on the racing line and left space on the right :unsure:) , lead to slide and loss of time. My frustration and loss of composure lead to me spinning out at Rivazza. I shouldn't have let the frustration get to me and regained my composure, lesson learnt.
The spin let Pat Eaton through and allowed Tim to catch up. Tim was quicker and it was a matter of time before he overtook me, until he decided to spin out exciting Alta Variante, thanks mate :thumbsup:.

Pitted at the same time as Pat, came out behind him, I seemed to catch up to Pat but then the GT3s always seemed to come through at the worst times for me but at the best time for Pat. But that's multiclass racing, some you win, some you lose.
Due to the traffic, Brian caught up with me, we battled for a bit, 3 wide with Aki as he wrote earlier. Unfortunately Brian ended up in the gravel :(. I wasn't sure what happened at the time and asked Brian if I should wait for him, he kindly let me carry on :thumbsup:

Soon realised I'm short on fuel. Started fuel saving with 6 laps to go. With 3 laps to go, started to short shift even earlier and lifting and coasting more, wasn't enough :cry:

Finished 5th in class but on another day might even have been 2nd or third, hence my frustration. But I still enjoyed the race, especially battling with Brian, and even running out of fuel and coasting over the line:roflmao:

Congrats to both podiums!!
Many thanks to all the GT3 drivers who were considerate in their lapping :thumbsup:
But most of all many thanks to Brian and Han for hosting and organizing the championship!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back