GSC Xbox 360 Controller - Force Feedback?

Hello. I purchased the game today, and am trying to get my Xbox 360 gamepad to work with force feedback. I was assuming it should work, because there are options under the controls for setting the FFB to a gamepad, etc. So far, the 360 pad works great with everything except the force feedback. Is this a glitch or am I missing something? The fact that 'gamepad' is an option under the FFB settings would lead me to believe it is supported. Considering that the 360 gamepad is one of the most popular, I would think it would work. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello. I purchased the game today, and am trying to get my Xbox 360 gamepad to work with force feedback. I was assuming it should work, because there are options under the controls for setting the FFB to a gamepad, etc. So far, the 360 pad works great with everything except the force feedback. Is this a glitch or am I missing something? The fact that 'gamepad' is an option under the FFB settings would lead me to believe it is supported. Considering that the 360 gamepad is one of the most popular, I would think it would work. Any ideas?

Thanks
Could be wrong here but I believe that gamepads have rumble, not force feedback. The FFB option is there for all controls, does not apply to gamepads. Get a wheel! Seriously, this is a what some have called a hardcore sim. It was meant to be played on a wheel. You will never look back:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yeah, I meant the rumble effects. I am just really surprised there aren't any. Besides that, the game actually isn't that bad on the 360 pad, once you get the correct settings.

To your point on a wheel being what this game way meant to be played with, I couldn't agree more. I bought this game after trying it out on my new G27. This game has the best FFB of any game I have tried so far. :) I was just trying the 360 pad out to get a feel for friends who don't have a wheel (yet) or the game.

Last edited:
rFactor/GSC uses DirectInput, but the DirectInput driver for the Xbox360 gamepad neither supports rumble nor report the triggers individually (i.e. you can't hit gas and brake at the same time). rFactor/GSC doesn't support XInput, which would allow access to the rumble and trigger.

There is the homebrew XBCD driver that might fix the situation, but it doesn't look to have been maintained in a while and I don't know if it will work on newer versions of Windows.

if anyone knows a link to get feedback working thatd be great. am having a surprising amount of fun w/ the game anyway thanks to the blancpain mod, but im sure once i go back to AC this is just going to feel limp.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back