GSC Racing Club - Start times

I have noticed that the few races held so far in the Game Stock Car Racing Club had a start time of 19:30GMT. I also noticed attendance was a bit sparse so I figured I's make a few suggestions that may be able to increase attendance and maybe allow me to race in the bargain. Naturally, I am not aware of any other limitations/issues/etc internal to RD scheduling, so please bear with me.

I would assume the bulk of potential drivers would be Brazilian, but a starting time of 16:30/15:30 would be a tad too early for any gainfully employed Brazilian driver. The time slot would also prevent odd hours professions like hospitality from joining because that's about the time night shifts begin.

For those in Europe, it is obviously a great time slot, but considering that the races are not very long at 50min they could probably stand a slightly later time of 21:00 which would make it 18:00/17:00 in Brazil

This would still make it way too early for me in the US West Coast but I think it would attract more participation from Europe, Brazil and early birds in the US East Coast. Too bad simracing is not big in Greenland because they would be smack in the middle too :)

As far as US in the West coast, there are a couple of options:
Run the races later (17:00PST/00:00GMT) on Tue. & Thur. so that Brazilian can join at 21:00/22:00 their time giving them an early and a late set of racing throughout the week and the other two time zone 3 and 2 weekday races.

Then there would be the weekend and the only thing to be careful there would be not to overlap the Race 07 and rFactor races to preserve attendance.

I know I probably screwed up some of the times. After a while you get really confused. But the bottom line would be to provide some club racing for everyone (forgot the Australians, but one of them can make their proposal. I am already too confused).

I hope that at least once a week I can get to race this title online. So far I haven't been able to and I'd settle for a weekend race as long as it does not coincide with the rFactor F1 races on Sundays or the Race 07 on Saturdays.

Thank you for reading this.

I assume from your post that in Brazil they employ a lengthy mid afternoon break? I am familiar with that since I am originally from Italy. However, both here and at R2P I ave noticed a large contingent of Brazilians on weeknights races. In fact, now that I think of it, I did see lots of Brazilians at about the same hours I keep in the west coast.

In any event, weekend races would be perfect for most folks in any time zone. As long as something is organized thatis not in the middle of the day there or here.

Thank you. This is very nice. Unfortunately, I checked the times I have already committed to another race this Saturday at around the same time. I hope some people will be able to race and I'll do my best to race in the next races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back