GSC program usage and user PLR changes

Since I can not find detailed GSC documentation on the PLR file contents I would like to ask a bunch of questions for anyone that has time to answer any one of all of them it would be really helpful.

1st of all, would any of you expert racers be willing to share your final/successful controller.ini and user.plr files so I can see all of your changes?

I would like to use the program EXAMDIFF to see the differences between your files and mine. If you are willing, please edit your "Unique ID" line to read something like Unique ID="xxxxxx" and then Upload the file in this thread. Thanks.

I was looking at the following link and see many settings and some help info that might be useful but
I dont know what are the key changes that one should make.

http://opk-liga.eu/index.php/forum/12-navodila/618-qtricksq-for-rfactor.html

These are example extracts from that link:

Do any of you use these following changes in their user PLR file?

1. Keep Received Setups = "3" / / 0 = not setups accept, 1 = keep until the next circuit, 2 = keep until exit, 3 = keep forever

2. Autocalibrate AI Mode = "0" / / When in a test day with 1 AI, AI will Attempt to historical perfect driving line, and save for future use historical Knowledge
Troy Barman: “Dont change this.”

3. Relative Fuel Strategy="0" // Show how much fuel to ADD, rather than how much TOTAL fuel to fill the tank up to Change the "0" to a "1", and you will see in the garage that a "+" sign appears next to the amount of fuel for each stop. That amount of fuel will be added when you pit

4. Rearview Particles="0" so you can see better

5. LCD Display Modes="29" which is all but the aids screen, or what setting do you use?

7. Autopit="0" Default is 0
Troy Barman and Tim Ling: “I dont use”

8 Self In Cockpit Rearview="1" too see better and avoid crashes

9. HUD ="6" and HUD MCF = "6" What should these be set to, I can not find the definition???

10 Realtime Splits="0" or 1 // 0=show race splits at sectors only, 1=realtime splits (can be toggled while driving with pit decrement key)
What is the difference between sector splits vs realtime splits?
Troy Barman:real time splits is that it shows you how far back/ahead they are at all times so its constantly changing on your screen, sector split times is it only updates when you pass through the sector. So realtime=changing in real time, sector=updates 2 or 3 times a lap.

11. AI Limiter="0.00000" Does changing this make the AI more realistic? Advice?
Troy Barman:Dont change this either, Reiza did a good job with the AI so there's no need to mess with it.

Any other changes that you use that are key to your racing skill improvement or racing success?

Tim Ling gave me these in another thread:
Allow Rearview In Swingman="1"
Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="1"
Self In TV Rearview="0"

For program execution does this help so you can increase the image detail or game performance?
Create a short cut to gsc.exe, Enable the use of dual core Right click the shortcut to the gsc.exe and put on the "[PATH TO gsc] gsc.exe" + fullproc
If you use simVib you will have to rename gsc.exc to something like gscmain.exe and create a symbolic short cut to it in the install folder and call it gsc.exe.
Troy Barman:used but inclear improvement.
Malm: when I tried it trackmap went away.

Thanks for reading and commenting

Last edited:
2. Dont change this.
7. I dont use autopit.
10. real time splits is that it shows you how far back/ahead they are at all times so its constantly changing on your screen, sector split times is it only updates when you pass through the sector. So realtime=changing in real time, sector=updates 2 or 3 times a lap.
11. Dont change this either, Reiza did a good job with the AI so there's no need to mess with it.

As for the +fullproc im told that it helps performance, i use it but i dont know how much it helps or not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back