AC Group C @ Le Mans (24 Hrs) - Friday 08 Dec 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
In with the Porsche LT if no C9 would join as well. The C9 is the quickest on almost any track let alone Le Mans.
Excellent! Nice to have you on board Laurent.

Yes, it seems that the only way to go on this circuit is with a single make race, at least with the group c cars currently available. C9 too fast and 787b too slow. LT in the middle.

yeah thanks for the reminder @Twoddle . should we make this an all 962 LT event??? otherwise the C9s are going to be doing circles around the rest of us...
or maybe just call it a multi-class event..?

wow! nice one guys! congrats to laurent and also to jason! looks like you guys were having a hell of a battle the entire racing. small turnout but still great fun to drive around this fantastic track and watch the sunset and sunrise.

thanks for your participation--much appreciated. i know i'm asking a lot of folks for an hour race at le mans on a friday night, especially in these cars! good times though. hope you guys had fun.

Well, I had 6 laps of practice before joining, no idea about fuel or strategy, and the qualy was already underway.. nice haha. So very unprepared!

Jason had more pace than me in the twisty bits, I understeered a lot. I just took the Daytona setup I had when we raced there, that's it. Last lap Jason was on my bumper and Dominic had spun on the ideal line before going on the long straight, that wasn't helping me getting Jason off my back, and he launched an attack, braked a bit too late, went a bit sideways, I did the same and we came together there. Race incident I think, although I might be at fault as well.. But it was good fun! Too bad the sun didn't come up sooner. Next time I'll try to be a bit more prepared for the race.

Nice one Jason, deserved the win. Thanks Dominic!

Last edited:
Well, I had 6 laps of practice before joining, no idea about fuel or strategy, and the qualy was already underway.. nice haha. So very unprepared!

Jason had more pace than me in the twisty bits, I understeered a lot. I just took the Daytona setup I had when we raced there, that's it. Last lap Jason was on my bumper and Dominic had spun on the ideal line before going on the long straight, that wasn't helping me getting Jason off my back, and he launched an attack, braked a bit too late, went a bit sideways, I did the same and we came together there. Race incident I think, although I might be at fault as well.. But it was good fun! Too bad the sun didn't come up sooner. Next time I'll try to be a bit more prepared for the race.

Nice one Jason, deserved the win. Thanks Dominic!
yeah, sorry for the untimely spin. i went the entire race without any major mistakes or incidents and of course, on the last lap i spun into a wall and ended up going a lap down as you guys narrowly missed me parked near the apex. glad you were able to avoid and carry on your battle. i saw you both lock your brakes at the end of mulsanne straight and overshoot the turn. you guys were fighting to the end.

I have just watched the replay of the last couple of laps................ great stuff Laurent and Jason and the ‘braking’ into the Mulsanne corner on the last time round was full on sideways stuff, well done guys, just a shame we didn’t have more drivers.

I had a lonely race, only Jason for company on the occasions he passed by, I messed up my pit stop as had restarted when the time multiplayer was going too fast at the beginning but didn’t check my pit stop settings. So had to reverse in the pit lane and add tyres, only problem was I added another 40 litres of fuel....doh!
Used this race to set up my new pedals and test the software settings that I could change on the fly to get the optimum throttle and brake settings.....nice!
Took another stop with two laps to go to try out the softs and try to do my fastest lap, which I did.
Thanks Dominic for organising, the transition looked great and I kinda like the car once I got to grips with it.:thumbsup:

Bit of an eventful race for me, started by almost spinning in the first few corners then the medium tyres went off quicker than expected so i pitted early but didnt look at my fuel first, ended up a few liters less than intended due to a full fuel tank and changed to hard tyres hoping the would last till the end. Turns out that was a perfect strategy as i ended up with just the right amount of fuel and the tyres lasted perfectly.

Unfortunately i made a few mistakes and caught up to Laurent on the last lap, went for an overtake ant the end of Mulsanne straight and braked a fraction to late, locked the rears and went sideways. i would just about kept it out of the gravel i think but Laurent hit me as i was sideways across the track and in the gravel i went, Racing incident.

That was a fun car to race, really enjoyed that.

Interesting. I wondered whether you were on hards. I was expecting your pace to drop since you pitted early if you were on mediums but it was the opposite. So you were on hards after all, makes sense. I did two stints on mediums. They dropped off by the end of the stint but not too dramatically I think.

Yes, I enjoyed it too. It's great that we were able to race to the end and not be miles apart, it would have been boring otherwise.

At some point I braked somewhere around the middle of the long straight were the chicane is normally after seeing the turn markers too, I felt really stupid :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.