Group C cars announced

Kenny Paton

10000RPM
Premium
Sep 26, 2009
The last remaining car of our Porsche DLC #2 needs no introduction.
The Porsche 962 C Team Joest

It is one of the most recognizable sportscars ever built.

It appeared at the start of 1984, replacing the 956 in order to comply with IMSA's GTP regulations.

It would later also compete in the European Group C series.

This specific 962 was developed by Joest Racing, who nicknamed it the "Doppelflügel", "Double-wing", in reference to its new rearwing, and is equipped with a 5-speed gearbox, a 750 HP twin-turbo charged engine at an approximate weight of 950 kg, producing top speeds close to 350 km/h.

Joining the Porsche is the

Nissan R90CK

The legendary Nissan R90CK is a Group C race car built for competition in the World Sportscar Championship (WSC) in 1990 and the North American IMSA GT Championship later on.

This wickedly-fast prototype is powered by a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V8 that produces 770 HP, which in low-downforce configuration and a weight of 950 Kg can lead to top-speeds upwards of 350 km/h. The R90CK was developed from the R89C. The "K" letter that was added stands for "Kaizen", which is japanese for "Improved".

Group C cars are widely considered the most spectacular sportscars ever built in motorsport history.

Built for endurance racing, these legendary cars fought many battles from the early 1980s to the 1990s.

Back then sportscar racing was at its very top of popularity worldwide with racing series running in Europe, America and Asia.

The Group C cars will become available with the next update!

Reactions: balage06 and Case_

Kenny Paton

10000RPM
Premium
Sep 26, 2009
I feel quite excited by this, (not good for me at my age:D). Reminds me of how I felt when the GTP mod came out for NK3.
Now if only Toyota, Jaguar XJR-9, Mercedes C9 and Mazda could put in an appearance my cup would be full to overflowing.

Reactions: Case_

F_B

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
Great addition, loving the historic IMSA GTP/GTO cars.
Perhaps we’ll be lucky and get 1 or 2 more GTPs to join them someday.
Definitely instabuy on day one.

Case_

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
Box quote for anyone interested:

"Best piece of news to get ninja'd to." - A grumpy fat guy on the internet.

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
Oct 15, 2013
You know what to do Kenny. Group C/GTO multiclass at Laguna.

You know where I'll be. :cool:

I'll bring the crew. :p

Yetch

GooseCreature
May 21, 2010
Bubbling over with this one, hope it gets fattened up with a few of the other cars, like the Merc & Mazda, cannot wait to see what they sound like, V8, twin turbo, over 700bhp, gonna sound bloody awesome!

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
Oct 10, 2011
Reminds me of how I felt when the GTP mod came out for NK3.
Now if only Toyota, Jaguar XJR-9, Mercedes C9 and Mazda could put in an appearance my cup would be full to overflowing.
I had the same thought about the GTP mod:thumbsup:
If the 2 mentioned group C cars ACTUALLY is introduced in Raceroom I would consider buying some of the virtual monopoly money to get them.;)
The 4 GTP cars from the GTP mod would be a dream.
Hehe but probably only stay as a dream:roflmao:

Reactions: Kenny Paton