SimoG submitted a new resource:

Great Wall - Great Wall

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. ronniej

ronniej

Ratings:
    +274
    Thanks for your work...I'll give it a go.

Edit: Yup, this one is staying in the tracks folder for sure!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! please a question... first thanks for your amazing work. This track is really really good. So good that my friends and me want to use it at our league, buuuuut there is a problem with "online version". yesteday i made test with our server and if i set 24 slots acs.exe crash. if i set 23 or less not. I think you only place 23 slot, not 24 (track info says 24 ) Please could you fix that problem? and please... could you set 30+ pits? we are more than 24 players XD

seriously, amazing job. thx for it, and sorry my english

4. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    Thanks for the feedback

Unfortunately I have little time to spend at this time. Given that the problem should be easily and fast to solve, eventually I will send you the files so you can continue with your league and then later I will create a real upgrade with other fixes.

30 pit? I'll try but maybe the pitlane is not long enough

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    Thanks

6. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    Here the fixed files (the name is Online_pit_fix_30). Now there are 30 pits although there are tight. Copy the new files in the great wall's folder and overwrite the old ones. I recommend making a backup first.
    Tell me if it work

bye

• Like Like x 2
  7. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks! when i look for the race at online lobby, the server has yellow color (message: numer of pits exceds bla bla...) but runs ok, it works. I have changed the "ui" file and set "30" pitboxes to fix that little problem, now its shown ok, and works fine!

lot of thanks guy!

8. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    Excellent :)

9. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    SimoG updated Great Wall with a new update entry:

Great Wall

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim
    Premium

Ratings:
    +153
    Is this track based on a real-life location? And the wall too?

11. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    It is based on a some roads in my town where in the 30's it was really raced and the idea was to recreate it for rfactor1 (that had not come out for a long).

At that time I diden't know Blender and I created it with bob track builder. Unfortunately I was unable to load the reference image to the right size and the track is coming 2 km longer than real. Finally there were no houses and other city's elements ready to use. So I decide transform it into a veritable track with some little changes in the layout. And yes the wall is really.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lily Starfox

Lily Starfox

Ratings:
    +114
    Already reviewed it so I won't do it again lol but I just wanted to say thanks!
    Now the track uses way less memory, it runs fine on my old computer.
    It looks really nice!
    Also I like how it's based on a real road.:)

What do you plan to improve?
    It looks already great so it seems hard to make it better. he he

13. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    I think I'll still be pruned to a forest and in the meantime I will continue another project that I have already started.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X

Ratings:
    +59
    On which town is based your circuit exactly ? I'm finding Great Wall amazing and I would appreciate it even better if I could know the region where I'm supposed to race whatever its fictional degree. I also like the way your fixed camera angles are highlighting the race at the replay.

15. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    Biella, Italy. This is the location of the real roads (link) while the landscape is little further north (here) but I had to stretch it to fit the size of the track.

Aerial view of the wall:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +676
    If someone wants to try this track online: i’ve got a server running.
    Just look for CLEAN RACING | BMW 235i Racing @ Great Wall | MR [ABCN]

• Like Like x 1
  17. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    SimoG updated Great Wall with a new update entry:

Great Wall Speedway

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 4
  18. Tom Blackett

Tom Blackett

Ratings:
    +123
    Thanks for the update, great stuff.

19. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +1,340
    Just ran a 30 laps race against the AI on, mixed field of Gt3 and similar paced cars - it's still one of the best mod track/fictional layouts I have driven. The track does not feel artificial, it flows well, while still being a real challenge to get right. I love the chase along the wall and the small right-left kink before the secondary starting grid.

One thing you should try now that we have to new Fmod engine: Just position the F7 camera on the pit wall and listen with a large enough grid. Due to the layout you can hear the field passing by two times, once down at the wall and then on the start-finish straight. Sounds quite impressive.

But I found one problem when i had to pit in lap 13:
    2.jpg
    I can't really pit like that :p

20. SimoG

SimoG

Ratings:
    +63
    Many Thanks.
    For the sound, I wanted to add the echo of the wall, but I could not get anything good. I have yet to understand the various parameters in the INI file, how they work.

That's all expected :). My track has 4 layouts:
    The main layout and a second with the starting grid positioned at a different point.
    Others, are the online version of the first two, the ones that allow you to do pitstops.

Bye

• Like Like x 1