Great AMS feature for learning

Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
Premium
As a returning racer and being pretty slow (now and back in the day) I think the display of the live "delta" to your current best lap is fantastic. You can instantly see if a new line, breaking point, etc is gaining or losing you laptime. Great for speeding up the learning process.

Previous sims I have driven just give you sector time deltas which is limited information.

There's lots more I really love about AMS but this is one small thing that can help make big improvements.

It is working offline but a pain online (when people are entering and leaving the server, all the others are loosing it. It gives problems in time trial too). Reiza organized some online tests a couple weeks ago; they have identify the problem, now they need to find a solution! It seems it is not easy, so we have to be patient I guess. But the fix seems on his way!

The delta bar can be set on or off by sessions using the DynHud editor. I have no bar in Quali and have different maps sizes and other info avalable depending on session also.

The bar disappearing half way through a session isn't much fun, hope that gets fixed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back