graphics distortion question

EDIT: POST #10 has the quick fix for this issue

can someone tell me exactly what is the name of the effect/option that controls the quality of these lines? its the only thing sucking for me graphic wise :mad: and i cant seem to make it better.
i get it on other cars sometimes (when they are moving)
2LLAE.png

and on the rails track side (far and static object) you cant see it too much in this pic but it basically looks like the rail is moving or lines on it are moving as i move by it (or towards it)
-OUmEvj.png

this in particular is distracting AF while in the corner :mad:
here you can see it up close on my car:
ubdJLbJ.png

i dnt really care about the cars i can live with that.. its the rails that is the most annoying, i dnt know if the far and close (distortions?) are the same effect/option. anyways im sure im just over explaining and somebody easily knows what i can tweak for this particular moskito in my tent.. or maybe my r9 270x 2gb is a wimp but im 60fps+ atm

thx in advance

Last edited:
ok thanks.. ive researched a bunch of different combinations of settings to try to improve AA, ill play around some more with it tonight.
also.. i am pretty much running the (amd) Radeon Control Panel at 'use game settings', but now that i have read more about AA and Radeon control panel ill play around with those settings as well.
if i see any improvements ill post what i did..
if anyone has any other recommendations they will be more than welcomed!

ps. does anyone think that running the PP on a lower resolution would help? or on the contrary running the PP on the same resolution of the graphics should be better right?

Try to reenable FXAA on PP menu to have it on top of AA (if you don't mind the blur effect it causes on cockpit dials), IIRC under yebis PP engine it's still needed to attenuate that exact kind of aliasing that happens on the borders of reflecting surfaces. Probably that's why AC comes with 2X AA + FXAA enabled by default.

after hours of tweaking and boringness I wasnt able to improve my original settings (from the screenshot), only when I used Super Sampling from the Radeon Control Panel there was an improvement with the jaggies being a lot smaller and smooth (still very noticeable) , but that came with a big drop in FPS which was not worth it.. :( maybe i just need a bigger vcard, do any of you guys on monster cards get any jaggy lines.. at all?

Try to reenable FXAA on PP menu to have it on top of AA (if you don't mind the blur effect it causes on cockpit dials), IIRC under yebis PP engine it's still needed to attenuate that exact kind of aliasing that happens on the borders of reflecting surfaces. Probably that's why AC comes with 2X AA + FXAA enabled by default.
I did enable FXAA yesterday when testing, deciding at the end to leave it enabled and AA to 8x which is pretty much the look from the screenshots... a tiny better but still awesome and crisp with shitty jaggy lines.
thx

It's reflection being too sharp in most of the pictures, lowering reflection quality will make it less bad.
thanks for the tip Stereo, im pretty sure my setting on reflection qualities are all the way down since I dont really mind the quality of it as long as it doesnt look flat (disabled)...
but just got an idea: when I get home Ill try to disable reflections completely to see if that improves it, i rather have flat or no reflections then track side guard rails distracting me in the corners.
ill test later and report, thanks

@Stereo you da man! indeed it was the reflections... all I had to do is lower the reflection distance to around 7 (meters?) and it lost a lot of reflection light obviously but with about 80% less jagged lines, so i can live with it, still looks great, also track side rails improved but less so.
with reflection distance at 200 (meters?) default setting
ubdJLbJ.png

with reflection distance to 7 (meters?)
h8_Diyv.png

M2rfFhe.png

so if you have a non-monster VC and jagged lines, lowering reflection distance is the way to go :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back