Grand Prix Evolution for rFactor

Cars Grand Prix Evolution for rFactor 5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Whills updated Grand Prix Evolution for rFactor with a new update entry:

v5.0 Fundamental Update

YOU MUST DELETE THE OLD VERSION COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS UPDATE !!!!!
STEPS:

1. Delete related files in the 'rFm' folder.
2. Delete the mod folder in the 'GameData\Vehicles' folder.

This is the biggest update since the release of this addon.

After this update, you will see 4 series added to your main menu.
- If you want to race offline or race against the AI with actual driving talents, please select the 3 individual series (Grand Prix...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Whills updated Grand Prix Evolution for rFactor with a new update entry:

v5.1 Essential update: HD skins, GP4 style cockpit, improvements, fixes & more

Another big update features:
1. 2K resolution remastered skins for GP98 cars.
2. GP4 style cockpit texture option for GP98 cars.
3. More detailed damage graphics.
4. Several graphical upgrades.
5. Physics adjustments & AI optimization.
6. Many other fixes and improvements.

Full change log:

Graphics:
- Remastered all GP98 vehicle skins up to 2K resolution including driver helmet and cockpit textures.
- New GP94 and GP98 vehicle skin format (DDS), loading speed improved.
- Added a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I love this mod!!!!

One thing i am dealing with: even that in the talent files the numbers are great. Speed 98.5 for Senna and 70 for Ratzenberger in GP2 mod, for example. The quali and races don't really seems to use it! Senna never got better than 15 in a race. In other side pilots like Ratzenberger, Fittipaldi and Belmondo are always at the top. How can I deal with this?

Made some testing now. The talent files are not working at all! I have AI with agression, speed and minracingskill at 10 winning the race :(

Is there a way to correct it?

Made some testing now. The talent files are not working at all! I have AI with agression, speed and minracingskill at 10 winning the race :(

Is there a way to correct it?
Hi,
According to your description, I think there might be three reasons:

1. Make sure you are selecting the "Grand Prix Evo 1994" series in your player settings, the one with the red background. If you are using the generic series "Grand Prix Evolution" with the blue background, the talent files won't work, because that series is made for multiplayer.

2. It seems you edited the driver name in the .rcd talent fie and the .veh vehicle fie, please make sure the driver names are all correctly spelled and all cars have their own talent files. If a driver with low talent settings always gets on top, that means this driver doesn't have his correct talent file.

3. Have you edited the field called "QualifyingAbility"? That value is a bit tricky, if you run a race without qualifying, the driver with the lowest value will be on pole position. The lower the value, the higher the grid position the driver will get. (QualifyingAbility means the average grid position the driver gets in qualifying.)

ps. If you edited the files while the game is still running, you must restart the game to see whether it works.

pss. For some driver names like "Häkkinen" you have to spell it as "Hakkinen", or the game won't recognize the name!

Hope this can help you!

Last edited:
Hi,
According to your description, I think there might be three reasons:

1. Make sure you are selecting the "Grand Prix Evo 1994" series in your player settings, the one with the red background. If you are using the generic series "Grand Prix Evolution" with the blue background, the talent files won't work, because that series is made for multiplayer.

2. It seems you edited the driver name in the .rcd talent fie and the .veh vehicle fie, please make sure the driver names are all correctly spelled and all cars have their own talent files. If a driver with low talent settings always gets on top, that means this driver doesn't have his correct talent file.

3. Have you edited the field called "QualifyingAbility"? That value is a bit tricky, if you run a race without qualifying, the driver with the lowest value will be on pole position. The lower the value, the higher the grid position the driver will get. (QualifyingAbility means the average grid position the driver gets in qualifying.)

ps. If you edited the files while the game is still running, you must restart the game to see whether it works.

pss. For some driver names like "Häkkinen" you have to spell it as "Hakkinen", or the game won't recognize the name!

Hope this can help you!
Thanks a loooooooooot! Specially for being so fast in reply!

This one was the problem. The most dumb one :D

I always use "all cars and series", to show everything I got. That was the reason!

Again, thanks a lot!!!

Thanks a loooooooooot! Specially for being so fast in reply!

This one was the problem. The most dumb one :D

I always use "all cars and series", to show everything I got. That was the reason!

Again, thanks a lot!!!
I'm attaching the Talent files for 1994, if someone feel the same need as me. My files are more exagerated in relation with the original mod, giving a result a bit closer to the real racing results of the era.

Enjoy this nice mod! Geoff Crammond is smiling somewhere!

Link to the files: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dfdce53y1ti4pp4/_Talent_1994.rar/file

Awesome mod! I have trouble catching up due to heavy understeer but that may just be my problem as a controller player. I'm wondering what you did for the swingman camera, making it much tighter in movement so it's much more playable than the regular swingman on any other mod. How could I replicate it on the rest of my mods? (If it's a secret you wouldn't want to reveal, it's ok.)

Awesome mod! I have trouble catching up due to heavy understeer but that may just be my problem as a controller player. I'm wondering what you did for the swingman camera, making it much tighter in movement so it's much more playable than the regular swingman on any other mod. How could I replicate it on the rest of my mods? (If it's a secret you wouldn't want to reveal, it's ok.)
Hi, Glad you like it! That's not a secret, you just need to edit the .cam files to achieve this effect. Find the line "LocalCam=SWINGMAN" below which has "OrientationRate=", change this line into OrientationRate=(3.0, 10.0, 3.0). The three value represents the pitch, yaw, and roll rate of the camera. The larger the number, the tighter the camera follows the car.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea