Grand Prix Evolution for rFactor

Cars Grand Prix Evolution for rFactor 5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for letting me know you released the GP3 part! It's really nice so far. If you wish, I can try to help you on it during the next month with sounds or textures or whatever you might need.

So far, the thing that's mostly to improve are the sounds, they're not GP3 original sounds, as you probably know.
The steering wheel looks odd, the lap and position markers need to be next to the speed display. I'm not sure if you can digitally display fuel amount in rFactor but you can display Water and Oil temperature.

So far, the thing that's mostly to improve are the sounds, they're not GP3 original sounds, as you probably know.
The steering wheel looks odd, the lap and position markers need to be next to the speed display. I'm not sure if you can digitally display fuel amount in rFactor but you can display Water and Oil temperature.
Thank you for your reply. Here are my thoughts.
The sound quality in GP3 is not good enough, in terms of mordern standard. The engine sound is still 8-bit and sounds quite similar to GP2. I tried to use the original sounds, but the result is not quite satisfying. Since the 1998 season is combaintion of GP3 and GP4,I make the sounds quality closer to the GP4 standard, so that the player can feel the evolution of the sounds. I will try to add the altrenative sounds in upgrade options.
Sadly, it is not possible to display the water and oil temp digitally in rFactor, we can only use needles to display them. If I put the lap and position marker next to the speed dispaly, it will look too crowded, that's the reason that I decided to display them next to the gears. I will try to adjust the steering wheel for a better look.
(sorrry for my bad English

Last edited:
Sadly, it is not possible to display the water and oil temp digitally in rFactor

EDIT: Yeah, no the F1SR mod doesn't have temperature displays, I completely remembered that wrong. Well..I guess that's what happens during summer break when you don't need to practice, lol.
Anyway, I did find something interesting and I'll see if that works in rFactor 1 too.
You can also add working displays to the LED's on the side, the red-yellow-blue. That works via material names.
LEDFR = Black Flag
LEDFY = Yellow Flag
LEDFB = Blue Flag
Also, with all three cars, you know there's the Pitstop request light on the bottom right of the cockpit, and either LEDPSR or LEDPSY works for that.

The sound quality in GP3 is not good enough, in terms of mordern standard. The engine sound is still 8-bit and sounds quite similar to GP2.
Yes, but that's the point of a tribute mod, isn't it? I understand you wish to make it as a combo of GP3+GP4, but that kind of comes in weird when the other cars are fully-remade 99%-accurate cars from the original games. Anyway, I have extracted all sounds from gp3sounds.dat and I've tried my hand at the whole sounds stuff using recordings I made myself in GP3 and if you wish, I'll share my findings with you.
Same with the cockpit stuff.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your tips. I have finished the sound update for the GP98 car. Now players can choose to use original sounds or realistic sounds in upgrade options. I also added warning lights for the GP98 and GP94 car, for GP98 car, I added engine overheating, yellow flag and blue flag warning lights; for GP94 car I added engine overheating, fuel warning, pit request and yellow flag lights. I will try to make two different cockpit style of GP98 car for players to choose in the upgrade options. I will post the update tomorrow.

1596121546806.png

Apologies for falsely claiming you could display certain things in the display - I was looking at Automobilista where that was possible using LCDOilTemperature and LCDWaterTemperature, however in rFactor you can only display LCD - maybe if you ever think "Hm I could port this to AMS", you can then use the other things I mentioned into the cockpitinfo.ini.

Whills updated rFactor Grand Prix Evolution with a new update entry:

v4.1 Update

This update brings lots of fixes and improvements. The orginal sounds for the Grand Prix 1998 car is added. I also added warning lights for all cars:
View attachment 394178View attachment 394180
View attachment 394179View attachment 394181
Here are the cockpit display instructions:

• Grand Prix 1991
View attachment 394184
① Difficulty indicator ② RPM bar...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good news: I have finished the conversion for Automobilista, but still need some work to do. I will release the AMS version very soon.
GRAB_001.JPG

GRAB_000.JPG

GRAB_002.JPG

Automobilista version is now available, special thanks to OptimusRacing's help and instruction.
Try Automobilista version:
gpeams_07.jpg

Last edited:
Whills updated rFactor Grand Prix Evolution with a new update entry:

v4.2 Update

New Feature: Remastered cockpit texture for GP91 car, graphical updates and sound improvements.

View attachment 396041
View attachment 396042
Change log v4.2

Graphics:
1. New remastered cockpit texture for GP91 car.
2. Adjusted cockpit shader config for GP91 and GP94 car.
3. Adjusted GP98 car cockpit mesh.
4. Two types of GP98 car shape available in upgrade options.
5. Optimized LCD fonts.
6. Upscaled GP94 car texture for a sharper look. (This may slow down the...

Whills updated Grand Prix Evolution for rFactor with a new update entry:

v4.3 Update

This update brings lots of small updates and fixes, you can find the link for complete templates in the download file.

Change log v4.3

Graphics:
1. New mirror mesh and texture for GP91 car.
2. New wheel texture for GP91 car.
3. New helmet texture for GP94 car, corrected some wrong driver helmets and improved loading speed.
4. Adjusted GP91 cockpit texture.
5. Made complete templates for user to download.
6. Optimized LCD font for GP91 car.
7. Added showroom reflections.
8. Adjusted GP91...

v4.4 update & trailer released

This update brings graphical enchancement and physics adjustment as well as many other fixes and improvements.

Watch Trailer:

Change log v4.4:

Graphics:
1. New pit crew livery.
2. New tire texture for GP98 car, bump map added.
3. Slightly adjusted GP98 car mesh.
4. Fixed car body shadow receiving glitch for GP94 and GP98 car.

Physics:
1. Improved AI stability.
2. New head physics for GP98 car.
3. Adjusted tire grip for all cars, fixed understeer...

v4.5 graphical update

This update bring the new cockpit textures, I also adjusted some 3D models for higher accuracy.
New cockpit texture for GP91 car (added assistance indicator bar):
View attachment 401205
new alternative cockpit texture for GP98 car (available in upgrade options):
View attachment 401206
Change log v4.5:

Graphics:
1. Rebuilt helmet mesh of GP91 car; Adjusted helmet mesh of GP94 car.
2. Adjusted rear tire size of GP91 car.
3. New cockpit texture for GP91 and GP98 car...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea