Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we were robbed of win, but I didn't hear anything before the strategy changed either.
I don't get too worried about the game sometimes, this season being one. Hence I sat back a bit more in team stuff than usual.
You can't really complain about an improving team when you weren't proactive at numerous points to make this one improve.
But that's not my problem, as no doubt you'd be moving on :D

2004 Brazilian GP
73Em3fv.png

Rain mixes up order
Pouring rain during the quali session meant that one had to be lucky with the timing for his single run. Engberink got off best, securing his second pole this season. Fantastic result for Williams with Keranen in 2nd and Mishra in 4th. In between them Kederer in his Sauber. Noack secured 5th, ahead of the Renaults of Utzer and Martins. McLarens of Laad and Ancevski follow in 8th and 9th, Rinneaho completes the top 10.

2004 Brazilian GP
vL8K6CI.png

6CFBmxz.png

Utzer wins season finale
7th win of the season for the new champion, starting from 6th he quickly worked his way up to 1st, and kept it until the end. Pole setter Engberink finished 2nd. A late stop for wets dropped him to 3rd for a moment, but it proved to be the correct decision, and he could retake 2nd. Ancevski in 3rd was over 1 minute behind race winner Utzer already.
Goddard finished 4th, having started from 16th he was on his way up the order when he spun and dropped to last. Lintner finished 5th, taking enough points to allow BAR to pass Sauber in the standings. Martins had to settle for 6th. He was in 3rd with a few laps to go, but opted not to pit when heavy rain came down. He was first passed by Engberink, before losing another 3 places in the final lap. Laad suffered a similar fate, on wrong tyres he barely managed to stay on track in the end, dropping from 4th to 7th. Graham took the last point for 8th, he had to start from last after a mistake in quali prevented him from setting a time.
Harvey and Kederer finished 9th and 10th, being the last drivers on the lead lap. Black took 11th in his last career race, Laskey finished 12th. Mishra couldn't make use of his good quali, dropping back early on already he finished 13th in the end. Cornes took 14th ahead of Heymans. Noack in his final race finished in 16th.
6 retirements this race, first out were Reed and Buurlage after they crashed while battling for 6th place. Diehl suffered a gearbox failure. Sigoulakis retired with a water leak, Rinneaho too with a gearbox failure while running in 2nd place. Keranen's engine blew up in lap 52 while running in 6th place.

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: How difficult was it to keep the car on the track in the end when the rain was pouring down?
@Tim.E: Who made the call to pit again in the end, you or the team?
@Milos: Strong season overall, what do you expect for next year on your return to Jordan?​

@Tim.E: Who made the call to pit again in the end, you or the team?
The team said it was time for wets so I believed them, I'm glad it worked out in the end. Second is the best we could've gotten seeing Ben was just in a class of his own today. Very happy with the result in the end.

I'd like to thank Eddie for all his services, he gave me a chance in 98, I sadly couldn't give him a title but I still feel our partnership has been strong. Good luck to Jordan and to @Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham and @Milos next season.

Thanks for doing a stellar job @kedy89 yet again.

LPD43XK.png

Red Bull complete their lineup with the signing of Nathan Cornes

AOIIjBp.png

Toyota will go in the 2005 season with Jack Laskey and Manolis Sigoulakis

6N66cJs.gif

BAR annouces the return of Donald Brugman to the team

Qfgbm48.png

Sauber signed rookie driver Jordan Bradford​

Alright, to keep you updated on what's going to happen next. First finish the contract period. Only 4 drivers left, so it shouldn't take too long to get that done. Then a small season recap with statistics updates, as usual. Also going to update the wiki in the meantime. Next season's cof values will be published once everyone has signed for a team.
As for the mod, I haven't looked into it that much yet. It's a high quality mod though, so it should only be perfs, and team 11 fiddling in case we'll need it.

Also, in case you were wondering, since I didn't get any reply from both Pablo and Matteo, they're both out for 2005 at the moment. Should they show up again, they're free to rejoin of course if there's still some seats available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes