rF2 Grand-Am @ Houston 98 - Thu Sept 2nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
btw i arrive in time but i think that i will be not able to race, i'm a lot tired so i'm sry but i must skip this one....

was a nice track really a challange survive 45 minuts here, and i like that types of races, but i'm so tired that probably after few laps i will crash miserably, so thank you for the efoort that you take for set up it, but i can't race!!!

probably also the next week i will be not able.........

Just finished :( I was first until for some reason I had a pit penilty so i wen into the pits and did the penilty but for some reason it didn't register, I went round 1 lap and before I could get into the pits again I was disqualified :( Why? I did the pit penilty but for some reason it didn't work :( Anyoen know what I did wrong?

see you at the next race valerio,shame their was only 6 racing these are good cars to drive hard but good.really happy with 2nd did not expect it,congrats to adam for his win,bad luck marcin you were not your self tonight.see you all next time.

Matthew: Yes it does get added to your ranking as you started the race. Did you jump the start like I did? If so you had to drive through the pits without stopping.

Quali: Somehow stuck it on pole. Was really surprised about that as Marcin was quicker in practice.

Race: Lights went green, I went but the timer wasn't going so I stopped then timer started and I got a drive through. Only looked at the timer as I was surprised the lights went green when I was expecting another red light or beep before the green. Led into turn 1 and was able to pull away but I came across the second bug at the end of the long straight and for some reason got flipped into the air. Luckily I landed on track without any steering damage and with all 4 wheels on the car. Was behind Matthew so decided to take my drive through straight away. Came out in 5th and proceeded to catch up to the back of the pack. Marcin seemed to have lost a wheel so was able to pass him and then Matthew pitted so I was up to 3rd.

Next few laps I hunted down Nigel and overtook him and was on the tail of Jan but he pitted at the end of lap 7 for me to take the lead. After about 12 minutes of the race I got a warning about my engine overheating and smoke coming out of the back so I decided to keep the revs low by shifting up early and shifting down late as well as staying in 2nd gear for most of the corners. The warning disappeared but my lap times dropped. Opened up a lead over Nigel before he pitted then I made my stop with about 20 minutes to go. Came out about 30 seconds ahead of Jan and slowly pulled away before he retired. Now had Nigel about 40 seconds behind and I was able to catch him up and lap him. Had another bug moment on the second to last corner I think it was where I had the same issue that I had on the first lap.

Managed to bring it home for my first victory at RD in race 110 I think it is now (providing 6 people were enough for it to be classified as a ranking event).

Despite the bugs in the track, I really loved this circuit as it is just like the other ones I like at Phoenix, Detroit and Adelaide.

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and all those that raced :)

Congrats to Adam on his first win. I think providing its classed, Brian needs to do one of his fantastic article for the front page celebrating this Joyoss occasion! :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.