rF2 Grand-Am @ Houston 98 - Thu Sept 2nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That's what I'm finding the hardest thing about converting to rFactor as opposed to what I shall now start referring to as 'All that other ****e' ... braking ... you really do need to know when and how. Currently I'm just constantly 'losing it'

Hi Ryan,
Got a question, how can I get the settings back to the ones that are legal in the race?
I've dicked around with them and now I'm not sure if I'm practicing with the right ones. I have to admit I need practice or I'll be spending too much time apologising ... I keep over running the braking zone.
Cheers
While your racing you can toggle the 'F' keys. We run the standard fixed setup in these events. We also run NO assists aside from auto-clutch.

While your racing you can toggle the 'F' keys. We run the standard fixed setup in these events. We also run NO assists aside from auto-clutch.

Ok, just to reiterate..
The setup should be ...
Invunerability OFF
Steering Help OFF
Braking Help OFF
Opposite Lock OFF
Spin Recovery OFF
Auto Pit Lane OFF
Stability Control OFF
Anti-Lock Brakes OFF
Traction Control OFF
Auto Shift OFF
Auto Clutch On
Auto Reverse OFF

What about the damage and AI stuff ?

And sorry to be naive ... but how do you ensure nobody just switches on the aids when you're racing?

thanks for your help

Brian
Auto

No AI toggle and for this particular event damage is set 80%, most other events are 100%.

The assists are set by the server which disallows switching them on and off :)

Auto reverse is allowed actually - we can't set that either way.

Hmm, rather sadly I think i'm out for this one. It will depend on the weather so can I become a maybe if thats ok. If its raining here I will be there though love these cars :).

Just to like to show you guys this beautiful shot by Can Ozcelik of these cars, just so it's not lost in the Screenshots thread :)

gs1.jpg

Ok ... I'm a first timer and I have some questions...

Does damage get fixed in the pits?
Should I ever press the esc key? ... or does that essentially drop me out of the race
Every time I've ever gone in to the pits there's been no mention of fuel although I presume in a race as long as this I will have to refuel

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back