GT Sport Gran Turismo Sport: Trailers, Interviews and Pictures Galore

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport 1.jpg

After the disappointment of a delayed 2016 release for Gran Turismo Sport, Polyphony Digital have been hard on the promotional trail showing off the current build of the game at various conventions across the world.

In the most recent teasers revealed by Polyphony, the studio have released a whole bunch of new in-game shots, a new 4k trailer and an exclusive interview with the man behind the title Kazunori Yamauchi. In the interview for Sony, Yamauchi goes into more detail about what fans can expect and shows off some in game footage of GT Sport in action on PS4.

The latest iteration of the Gran Turismo series of games, GT Sport is due to feature over 140 cars racing across 27 variations of track based in 19 locations. Due to offer a limited VR compatibility in regards to the 'VR Tour' mode, the most advanced graphics of any GT game to date and online competitions officially sanctioned by the governing body of World Motorsports, the FIA.

You can watch the interview with Kazunori Yamauchi and catch some of the new in game footage by watching the below 17 minute video taken from the recent PlayStation Experience 2016 event in the USA.
Furthermore Sony and Polyphony Digital have released a new 4k trailer for the title at the recent PlayStation Experience 2016 event held in Anaheim, California. The latest trailer showcases the impressive graphics engine for the new game, as Gran Turismo looks to step up the franchise following recent underwhelming releases. Check out the full two minute trailer in all it's glorious visual splendour below:

Gran Turismo Sport is due for release on PlayStation 4 sometime during 2017.

GT Sport 2.jpg GT Sport 3.jpg GT Sport 4.jpg GT Sport 5.jpg GT Sport 6.jpg GT Sport 7.jpg GT Sport 8.jpg GT sport 9.jpg GT Sport 10.jpg

To join in with your fellow GT fans, head on over to the RaceDepartment Gran Turismo Sport sub forum and join in the conversation with our excellent sim racing community.

Last edited:
Wow, visually absolutely stunning.

The marketing blurb seems to market the game as more sim-cade than before so will be interesting to see what the reviews will be like once it gets released.

My PS3 finally died on me a few weeks back and I've considered getting the PS4. However in the last five years I've only used the PS3 as a blu-ray player and media hub and only gamed on it maybe three times in the last four years (billy no mates me :roflmao:) so wasted money if I upgraded. Will see how things develop over the next year or so :)

I tested a demo of it on a event in October, car feel is zero even with the T500RS. I couldn't do any tweak to the setup besides disabling every help I could and I drove 3 laps on a prototype Volskwagen thing on a street highway track so not the nicest combo to get into it.

I did not play any previous GT but I could feel nothing of the road like in AC, rF2 or even PCars. It has some weird counter effects when you turn and that's it. Maybe I would need more time with it to understand what the FFB was doing but that was my impression.
I'm very positive that this won't be aimed for physics fanatics.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.