Dirty Rally - Tarmac feel is terrible
WRC7 - Pretty good physics but not so good FFB
Dirt 4 - Understeer simulator... basically worst of the 3 mentioned

Being even just slightly prettier than RBR with good physics/FFB, and it's a deal

really? I felt like WRC7 physics feels pretty weird often! gravel doesn't feel anywhere as good as in DirtRally/Dirt4

I agree on tarmac in dirt Rally though , but I would put both dirt rally and dirt4 above WRC7
so I find it interesting that for you it's the other way around ( almost)

I mean no disrespect, because I know a thing or two about game development,
but I find it difficult to see this being to successful

and by that I don't mean bad or not realistic
in niche market where you have RBR, and then things like dirt rally or even wrc7 , all with licensed cars

but I could be wrong and this could turn out to be the best really game ever

Been watching this for a long time. Glad to see some progress. Hopefully updates and development can speed up a bit after release since it already took a while up to this point.

I have big hopes for gRally. It's going to be a long road before game is 100% ready, but i don't care. It has been long time since RBR without proper successor and gRally has potential to have been new "RBR". Please give a change and support developers with good feedback how to make game even better.

I distinctly remember having big hopes for gRally as well, but that was some seven years ago.

But I guess I do admire their determination (no sarcasm intended here). And I'm certainly willing to give it a chance.

• Deleted member 197115

Why so ugly, it's 2018, it looks like it's 20 years late to the market.

really? I felt like WRC7 physics feels pretty weird often! gravel doesn't feel anywhere as good as in DirtRally/Dirt4
Well, without good FFB it's hard to 100% say if physics are good.

But imo WRC7 cars seem quite believable for modern WRC car, when compared to RL footage.

Rotating the car in corners with brake inputs felt logical and quite similar to AMS. On throttle sliding felt more natural too, than that of Dirt 4. Dirt 4 cars (even group B rwd) can't be properly steered with throttle which completely kills it for me as a rally game.

In Dirt 4 you can chuck the car into corners and make them oversteer a bit with setup changes, but the game doesn't seem to want to be driven that way and it's more detrimental to your driving than anything. Where as in WRC7 sliding works as important way of going faster (loose surface), as imo should

The FFB is just a bit weird. FFB is better in Codemaster games. They updated the FFB for WRC7 but don't think it got much better, maybe actually worse

Last edited:
Well, without good FFB it's hard to 100% say if physics are good.

But imo WRC7 cars seem quite believable for modern WRC car, when compared to RL footage.

Rotating the car in corners with brake inputs felt logical and quite similar to AMS. On throttle sliding felt more natural too, than that of Dirt 4. Dirt 4 cars (even group B rwd) can't be properly steered with throttle which completely kills it for me as a rally game.

In Dirt 4 you can chuck the car into corners and make them oversteer a bit with setup changes, but the game doesn't seem to want to be driven that way and it's more detrimental to your driving than anything. Where as in WRC7 sliding works as important way of going faster (loose surface), as imo should

The FFB is just a bit weird. FFB is better in Codemaster games. They updated the FFB for WRC7 but don't think it got much better, maybe actually worse
maybe I haven't driven the good cars yet, I'm still in my kit car Fiesta, and it just feels way too heavy, not agile.

I mean no disrespect, because I know a thing or two about game development,
but I find it difficult to see this being to successful

and by that I don't mean bad or not realistic
in niche market where you have RBR, and then things like dirt rally or even wrc7 , all with licensed cars

but I could be wrong and this could turn out to be the best really game ever
I see your point, but as I read the blurb, I got the impression that they expect RL cars to come from modders?

• gRally, considered its Indie character, is modding-oriented. We developed integrated Unity tools that will facilitate the insertion of your creations, whether it be additional cars or tracks.
Looks like its not gonna be aimed at the masses maybe? At least not at launch? Maybe a slow burner?
OK, I'm guessing a bit and maybe reading too much into it. But it might turn out to be a bit of a cult classic - well, you never know. They talk about passion etc. What do they mean by "rbr-online team crew"? Are the devs connected to RBR in some way?
All in all, I think there is reason for cautious optimism. Everybody, I think we should try to stay positive (IMO) until we know different. :thumbsup:

May the whining be strong with the community... Excited waiting to this for year's but here, sure you can have let down very quickly :thumbsdown: See the new's.:) VUHUU!!! Check couple post's...:cautious: F..k it... WELL I AM STILL WAITING AND GOING TO GET IT AND TRY IT BEFORE I RUN MY MOUTH LIKE I HAVE HAVE IT FOR YEARS ALREADY.

Last edited:
I like the more realistic rallying games so good luck to them. I'm one of the few who enjoyed and played DiRT 4 to completion and I like WRC 7 too - if only they would add the IOM TT circuit to this game...

They are fishing in quite a small sales pool with a realistic rally sim though going on recent sales figures. I see the cross referencing to VRally 4 in the threads and it is understandable when you look at the recent estimated sales figures, the arcade oriented Dirt 3, Showdown type games sold in 3-5 million on pc and console, DiRT Rally is also estimated in the 2-3 million sales range across all platforms. Move to the WRC series and it's more like the low 100-200k range, after that the rest, Loeb etc, are struggling along below 100k. Even Gravel with it's flashy Unreal Engine graphics appears to be selling poorly.

Could be one of those cult PC hits though so we'll just have to wait and see.

Guy's seriously, improve those graphics forget early access i hate to sound horrible and disrespectful but it's got to have more appeal them minimum requirements are for a 15 yo machine, strip it back implement dx 12 make it a simulation that can stand up to the best like AC did, do you know why hardly anyone plays RBR....? Because it's old! and out of date, can you even imagine the reaction if that trailer appeared right before G. O. T started? don't forget for a lot of people they invest in GTX 1080ti's for a reason because they want high standards and want game development to push the boundaries of whats possible, inspiring and groundbreaking are what should come to mind when i think of a new product. I am truly sorry if i cause offence, I only give my opinion as thats what i would expect, i wish you all the luck in the world and hope for your sake I am wrong.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 544 68.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 342 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 362 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 183 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 27.1%
Back