GP3R - Trois-Rivières

Tracks GP3R - Trois-Rivières 0.95

Login or Register an account to download this content
martincoulombe submitted a new resource:

GP3R - Trois-Rivières - One of the oldest street circuit in America, Scratch made, Lidar based.

View attachment 588655

The Circuit of Trois-Rivières is a short 2.46km street track located in Québec province, Canada. One of the oldest Street circuit in America. Since 1967, it hosted a multitude of different race, including formula atlantic, Nascar, Imsa Prototype, Formula Ford 1600, CTCC, etc. Gilles Villeneuve won the race in 1976, aboard his march 76B.

View attachment 588635

@Brandydo and I proudly present...

Read more about this resource...

hi, just found this
NEs21Y8.jpg

Thanks for that report. The Lidar was cut to the track edges but looks like there was some overlap. The plan is to scratch make the terrain on the outside of the track similar to the inner, for 1.0. Simply ran out of time and wanted to get this out there in advance of the 2022 race weekend.

Walking the track today, there are a lot of changes from 2021. 1.0 will look a bit different ;)

Last edited:
Nice little track - thanks!
Some trees have horizontal pixel artefacts at the top.
One grandstand has an alpha issue on the railings at the top which causes holographic eyefudging in VR.

Agree with what Darin and Jonah pointed out.

The pit area should be defined as a new surface in order to act as proper pits (so with speed limit and allowing players to box during races)

I also agree that the track should be named Trois-Rivières in the ui.json file for ease finding the track

Finally, the AI racing line needs some work from what I've been able to test. The sidelines are great, it's simply a matter of making a faster racing line

What a gem of a track, can't wait to see it develop

Has anyone contacted you for a conversion to rFactor 2? And, if no one did, would you be open to authorise such conversion (duly credited, of course)?

Thanks for the input, everyone. Issues will be addressed in a future update.

Has anyone contacted you for a conversion to rFactor 2? And, if no one did, would you be open to authorise such conversion (duly credited, of course)?

Our main goal is to get 1.0 finished for AC first, at which point Martin and I will discuss potential conversions. There is a few different AC versions of the track out which makes it confusing, so for any future ports I'd like it as a singular release. We'll definitely be in touch.

Thanks for the input, everyone. Issues will be addressed in a future update.

Our main goal is to get 1.0 finished for AC first, at which point Martin and I will discuss potential conversions. There is a few different AC versions of the track out which makes it confusing, so for any future ports I'd like it as a singular release. We'll definitely be in touch.
Perfectly understandable to first reach 1.0, but I was nonetheless curious if there were already any cooperations ongoing with some of the heavy-hitters in the rF2 scene (such as Digga).

martincoulombe updated GP3R - Trois-Rivières with a new update entry:

GP3R - Trois-Rivières 2023 0.95 Update

View attachment 687883
View attachment 687885
V0.95
- update to reflect atmosphere of the 2022 race weekend including new models and textures
- new AI by Jeff Collins
- pitlane is now defined, engaging pit speed limiter
- updates to walls including the addition of catch fencing, some new textures and escape areas
- new seamless tarmac textures based off actual road
- further terrain revisions

Additional revisions to come with future v1.0 release

All work in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back