DiRT Rally Good Car and Stage combo for beginners?

Ive come to the conclusion that Im pretty bad at this game lol. what are good car and stage combos to ease myself into rally driving.. BTW even though I suck at rally driving, I love this game.

I agree with Dave here, I would not recommend the Monaco stages, and I would also recommend an RWD/4WD car. If you start career mode, drive enough FWD to get money for an RWD, then you can start off without upgrades in the 70's RWD, and take it gradually. I feel that would be the way to get into the game as a beginner, but also a nice way to "educate" yourself into faster cars :)

I would rather take that career way, as all quick event cars are now fully upgraded.

Think the trick is to pick a stage .. then learn it ... take sweet lamb in wales ... the first 2 sections are very tough but there is a way to navigate around the 3 or 4 key parts of the track ... like the first two bends .. the first one I take with a handbreak .. the next one which is called as 2 changing to 1 .. I take it fast in 3rd gear .... but it took me about 20 restarts to figure this out ... practise the same track .. master it .. in the same car ...then move onto the next track... happy racing

Think the trick is to pick a stage .. then learn it ... take sweet lamb in wales ... the first 2 sections are very tough but there is a way to navigate around the 3 or 4 key parts of the track ... like the first two bends .. the first one I take with a handbreak .. the next one which is called as 2 changing to 1 .. I take it fast in 3rd gear .... but it took me about 20 restarts to figure this out ... practise the same track .. master it .. in the same car ...then move onto the next track... happy racing
The trick is, this stops being rally when you know each track like you know a circuit. Its a game so ofc. you can do it. :p

Easiest to drive is the WRC Fiesta. AWD, paddleshifts (must switch to sequential in your game prefs.) and 540° lock. Sticks to the road and jumps smoothly.

The trick is, this stops being rally when you know each track like you know a circuit. Its a game so ofc. you can do it. :p

Easiest to drive is the WRC Fiesta. AWD, paddleshifts (must switch to sequential in your game prefs.) and 540° lock. Sticks to the road and jumps smoothly.
I find the mini clubman easier to drive that the fiesta. It seems tamer in a sense

I would also suggest the 60's Mini in Monaco.
It'll be the closest to what most of us will have driven in real life, as far as power and surfaces are concerned, so it's a good entry point.
Then, once you're comfortable with that combination, you can start pushing the envelope, and go to more slippery surfaces, start tweaking the setups, and go to more powerful cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back