Gonchi, the history of Gonzalo Rodríguez

Gonchi.png

Hello everyone. Today I was reading some news on a regional motorsport blog, the "Pitlane", and I discovered that the documentary "Gonchi" was released this week on Netflix (at least on the brazilian Netflix). The documentary show the life of Gonzalo Rodríguez, one of the most iconic uruguayan drivers of all time.

Rodríguez lived for just 28 years, which was enough time for he show his talent. WIth few money but much speed, he won races at the european Formula Renault and Formula 3000 series, until draw the attention of Roger Penske and go to the IndyCar/CART.

There, with the terrible Penske car, Rodríguez did score a single point in his first race at Detroit. But then, in his second race at Laguna Seca, the uruguayan had problem with his car's brake and, sadly, had a fatal crash.

Unfortunately I haven't any information about the availability of the documentary in other countries. I just wanted to share it with you... Sorry if it is just a old news (it can happen, because somethings usually come late to Brazil)

• Deleted member 161052

Would hope to see it release on the Netflix worldwide.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back