Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Sign me up please!

Sign me up

I'll give it a try. Never raced one of these before... Spin-counter ACTIVATED

Remember, if your going to crash, make it look spectacular

One of those free slots should have my name on it :p I'm in
giphy.gif

Last edited:
There is really none any decent karting mod in AC. I would love to race, if there would be any.
Besides, tomorrow I go to take pictures to some of Slovenian racing (and karting as well) track, the owners would like to have the virtual version of their track, and in AC, so they invited me there.
But mostly I would like to model Italian tracks, there are plenty of them, and are of top level. But until we don`t get any decent mod, its all pointless.

Last edited:
There is really none any decent karting mod in AC. I would love to race, if there would be.
Besides, tomorrow I go to take pictures to some of Slovenian racing (and karting as well) track, the owners would like to have the virtual version of their track, and in AC, so they invited me there.
But mostly I would like to model Italian tracks, there are plenty of them, and are of top level. But until we don`t get any decent mod, its all pointless.
Sure thing Mitja :thumbsup: this mod isn't actually that bad. Its pretty good. Of course there are some missing elements like chassis flexing but for the most part, it feels kinda close to the real thing, at least for me.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if some of you could report back to me if the server is acting wonky or anything. I am using a new app with the server called TrackCycle which I'm hoping will streamline the track change process for the event. You may notice that there is a race along with the practice (1 lap). Reason I put this in is simply because I think the TrackCycle app looks for a race session to determine whether or not to switch tracks :/ so its a little niggle to deal with on the practice server but it should be okay.

I will monitor stuff myself over the day and see if its working correctly as well :)

I tested one of the tracks yesterday morning and when I tested again in the evening there was another track. So I guess that it's working properly... It would be nice if you could advance sessions to change the track faster, though :D

Bit of a word of caution for anyone planning to attend this using VR.

I had a bit of a run around yesterday just to get used to the kart and tracks, and it's not easy on the old VR legs.

There are very, very few VR applications that turn my stomach but that kart definitely has me feeling a bit queasy.

I got on top of it after a while and it didn't get really bad, but yeah, it's there.

Bit of a word of caution for anyone planning to attend this using VR.

I had a bit of a run around yesterday just to get used to the kart and tracks, and it's not easy on the old VR legs.

There are very, very few VR applications that turn my stomach but that kart definitely has me feeling a bit queasy.

I got on top of it after a while and it didn't get really bad, but yeah, it's there.
Admittedly the 'Beer' response probably wasn't the most appropriate here, but anyway...:p

Thankfully I hadn't noticed this myself, although I must admit it did feel a bit weird when I managed to flip the kart at one point.

Have you ever tried the Real Head Motion app? As the name suggests, it allows you to vary the perceived head motion so may help to reduce the queasy feelings. Whereas the 'lock to horizon' function built into AC is either 100 one way or the other, the RHM app has sliders to vary the effect between one extreme and the other (there are videos around btw which help to explain this better than I have).

Otherwise there's one track with a ramp on the exit of a hairpin. Taking off over there is quite fun in VR but probably not recommended during the race :roflmao:

Admittedly the 'Beer' response probably wasn't the most appropriate here, but anyway...:p

Thankfully I hadn't noticed this myself, although I must admit it did feel a bit weird when I managed to flip the kart at one point.

Have you ever tried the Real Head Motion app? As the name suggests, it allows you to vary the perceived head motion so may help to reduce the queasy feelings. Whereas the 'lock to horizon' function built into AC is either 100 one way or the other, the RHM app has sliders to vary the effect between one extreme and the other (there are videos around btw which help to explain this better than I have).

Otherwise there's one track with a ramp on the exit of a hairpin. Taking off over there is quite fun in VR but probably not recommended during the race :roflmao:

Oh.
My.
Goodness.

Yeah, RHM fixed it.

I just did 27 laps of Villarcayo. What an absolute blast.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back