Going back to work after being away for three months was a disaster for me!

So I get a phone call from my boss at 6:30am this morning ( i went to bed at 2am ) asking if i can return to work two months early. A few of the morning cooks walked and because i live ten minutes away i was the first one he called. He wanted me to come in for 7:30am,i wanted to say no but he is a good man and is real good to me so i didn't. So i went in and man was i rusty. The restaurant was already half full when i got there and there where only two guys in the kitchen. Ah where the rest of the morning crew? i asked. This is it! chef says then i knew right there and then we were screwed. By 9am restaurant was full and being a nice day out and restaurant being across the street from the beach people were out this morning. I made so many mistakes today, burning stuff, forgetting things when plating, forgetting to put things down, accidently skipping bills it was just bad day. I eventually got it together and got into the groove and we made it through the day (phew). Even with all my mistakes today, chef was happy to have me back, i met some new staff and i got to eat steak and eggs for lunch.:)

I drove to work this morning ( lazy me lol! ) But we have Pauline's dad's Cherokee SRT-8 so i couldn't resist!:p

Last time I worked at a restaurant I almost died... I was the only one cleaning the dishes and trays were coming like crazy ! Then you had the cooks throwing me their stuff to get them cleaned up, man I don't want to work in a restaurant ever again !

Ah yes the Dishpit! That's where i started, don't ever want to go back there again myself, although we have had dishwashers pull "No Shows" at my work so we the cooks had to take turns washing dishes. A real pain when it is busy.

But on the other hand, cooking is stressful at times,like today i wish i was at the dishpit! well for the first half of the day anyways.;)

Ah yes the Dishpit! That's where i started, don't ever want to go back there again myself, although we have had dishwashers pull "No Shows" at my work so we the cooks had to take turns washing dishes. A real pain when it is busy.

But on the other hand, cooking is stressful at times,like today i wish i was at the dishpit! well for the first half of the day anyways.;)

You were the best one there! and you lasted the longest. Hiro used to get so grouchy sometimes but he disciplined all of us servers to not just dump trays and go. He had a spot where different plates go and if we didn't adhere.........:eek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back