F1 2011 Give us dedicated server support for PC please

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The biggest turn off for me personally with the F1 2010 game was (again) the complete absence of being able to run a dedicated server for the PC game.

Without a dedicated server multiplayer racing is very limited and rules out high quality professional leagues. Now I am not surprised that Codemasters doesn't care a lot about us simracers (we are not their main market) but it would give the game so much more exposure on the internet with decent leagues and broadcasts.

Look what the Formula SimRacing guys do for rFactor. Wouldnt this be brilliant to have with the F1 2011 game as well?

Please let me know if you feel the same (or not :))

I completely agree. Not only could you expand the game to include 24 cars with a dedicated server but also running a pro league would be much easier, with great visibility. For example this week a lot of us are practicing for our next F1 2010 league race. Would be awesome if there was a dedicated server hosting 24hr practice that people could pop into and out of.

Would also increase the sense of community drastically, as those practicing will be able to go to one place to drive and chat. At the moment I'd like to invite others to practice with me, but I'm very aware that I don't want to break anyone's concentration by sending them invites.

This is #1 on my wishlist for 2011

-- Oh I also wanted to mention that a the dedicated server should be allowed spectator spots and to record the race. That way we could put together a highlights package and get people to do commentary. Great for league racing - as like the vid you posted!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back