Gigabyte X570's won't boot

I had Pro X570 Wifi and X570 Master both stopped booting

I missed this thread search when Pro Wifi / 3900X stopped working till Master /5600X stopped this morning

Gigabyte won't acknowledge the problem either that's normal
20 people from that thread have identical problem have signed a petition

On page 2 I think you find solution well it's not in end for me but does get PC to boot for 90%

Remove motherboard battery for 15 seconds or longer and presto PC boots

However you can see people are having to do it regularly or it just does not work anymore

This morning Master did same thing as Pro Wifi ..refused to boot

So when I try this morning it worked but without RTX2080 ( Gigabyte Gaming OC) installed ...it booted and after a while stoped M/B LED at "AA" and red light for no GPU obviously

Smiling all seemed normal put RTX2080 back in and no boot
do all over again boots without card put GPU in no good
do all over again this time put RTX2080 back in before I tried booting .... still no boot

I am not sure in that thread if anyone even mention a GPU in the issue ( have not read all thread as there is a lot of physic babble from peeps don't even own the board or have issue ....saying it happens for 20 years )
I been building PC longer then that and I have never had this happen with new parts in 100's of builds ! Never honestly ? Have you ?

anyway no joy every time I leave battery out and reseat GPU it won't boot so I taking tower to shop and he can try another GPU ..Thing is the RTX2080 was working faultless in pro Wifi and Master

Downer 2 PC in a week doing same thing but unlike most their GPU works :(

P.S. Swapped M/B battery out: Yes brought packet of energizer 3V

Last edited:
It's disappointing to see that Gigabyte refuse to acknowledge this issue as I've seen it commonly reported. Seems as if the only temporary cure is to clear the cmos and replace the battery with a known good one.

Let us know what happens once you swap in the substitute gpu and good luck :)

Thanks ;)

All major parts were brought there so sit back and wait
Only thing I worry about was 2 new guys were there today and one had that attitude it is always something
I said well how do 20 + people in one thread with same chipset but different builds have the same " it's always something " ..he never had a answer for that lol :coffee:

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks for posting. I have the same x570 Aorus Master and also a x570 Aorus Pro WIFI Itx version.

I think I had this issue early on the Aorus Master but replaced the CMOS battery with a new one assuming it was dead / faulty. Didn't think anything of it at the time just rolled my eyes, but will monitor if anything happens again. Its been fine since I finished the build in Janurary. But this is worrying.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted. Sounds like the 2080 has died?

Have spent the last hour having a read around and there are an awful lot of people having boot issues, WHEA errors and blue screens. Gigabyte seems to be the worst offender, but the same issues are being reported with other brands. And the problems seem to mostly effect 5900x/5950x's but even 3000 series owners are having the same thing.

My guess after reading around and being an early adopter of first gen would be a recent Agesa. Most problems seem to be on the various F31 bios. Gamers Nexus have shown in tests that Gigabyte have released bios versions that go beyond AMD's recommendations for power limits etc. Could be the reason they have the most problems. Speculation on my part.

Hope that 2080 is ok mate. Just wondering, had you updated the bios for the 3900x recently?

Thanks Bob yes I did update 3900X / X570 Pro Wifi to F30 a few months ago all seemed normal, well till it refused to boot one morning

5600X / X570 Master was flashed to F30 in store at purchase it lasted a week or so
There is newer one now: F31j

25 have signed petition enquiry but most all battery fix worked

Even if it had worked I would not put up doing random fix every week , totally unacceptable in any language

plus at this time of year not many would RMA their pride and joys

Last edited:
I had a total nightmare with my Gigabyte X570 Pro and this 5950x even installing windows and 25 blue screens no matter what Bios version was a total nightmare

In the end I found a really simple fix,
I put it back in the box and purchased a Asus Gaming F X570 :D

Shop rang me, seems fault is the Revolt 1000w Pro PSU :O_o:

Got him to get me Corsair 850W Gold and I RMA the Revolt I guess

...after he tests my tower for a week with constant shutdowns :p

I am buying parts there to build my 70 year old sister's first computer so they get something out of me

Shop rang me, seems fault is the Revolt 1000w Pro PSU :O_o:

Got him to get me Corsair 850W Gold and I RMA the Revolt I guess

...after he tests my tower for a week with constant shutdowns :p

I am buying parts there to build my 70 year old sister's first computer so they get something out of me

Are both your gigabyte boards working ok now?

Putting a 5800x in a Gigabyte x570 Pro I Wifi this weekend hopefully. Fingers crossed it works.

I did see they are on F31 rev O now, that is a lot of revisions! Noting instability with USB 2.0?

I guess all I can do is put the latest bios on and hope for the best.

Are both your gigabyte boards working ok now?

Putting a 5800x in a Gigabyte x570 Pro I Wifi this weekend hopefully. Fingers crossed it works.

I did see they are on F31 rev O now, that is a lot of revisions! Noting instability with USB 2.0?

I guess all I can do is put the latest bios on and hope for the best.

I wanted but ultimately avoided buying a Gigabyte board due to the usb 2 issues although I have read that these latest bios revisions have now addressed that issue. There is also a temporary workaround that was being used and worked for some before these latest revisions released.

Got my gaming tower back today with Gigabyte Auros 850W so I cross toes and fingers every morning now

James said he did shutdown / restart untold times over days and no problem
I made him, take full responsibility so if PCCG won't RMA the Phanteks PSU he can deal with it lol
He also tested the X570 Pro Wifi and all seems good , also tested Phanteks PSU on it as well ...would not boot

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back