GFX Advice, unsure if scan are being truthful or just trying to get more money :(

All right ill wait for someone with more info ryan, sorry but to be honest you havent said anything I already know.

Im after some series information like I said in my first post, If I knew which series edition to get I wouldnt of posted, sometimes I dont even know why I bother, half the time either noone replies or they do and they dont even read the OP.

I would have thought you had gathered from my information that you can afford the top-of-the-range card and that ATi has the edge over Nvidia. Sometimes I don't know why I help F1 2010 noobs either.

And you think that was sufficient info? hardly, not everyone knows the lowdown on gfx cards.

but I cant expect understanding from idiots like you who refer to childish insults over it either, you would have to do better than "noob" to offend me.

Ok that is it
both of you behave

Jason, if you look at Ryan's post he mentioned already that in his opinion the ATI card has the edge on Nvidia. And that is the only thing that you asked in your opening post

Also, you could have gone a bit further by just googling graphics card review in that budget or visit tom's hardware hardware comparison. The reason most people do not react is that they expect a bit more research from your side than just mentioning 6950...you could have mentioned what you have found in that budget and which brand is offering that model and the alternatives of those cards and what are peoples experience if they have the card in their system.
And like Ryan said. With that budget we can go anywhere (and also nowhere).

Jason, the 69XX series of cards is a little bit of a let down, I would stick with the 59XX series personally for now, but if you go to tomshardware.com you should be able to look up a review of graphics cards with something to do with best bang for your buck. These reviews are put out at least quarterly and break down what is best in what price range. If you are unable to find those reviews PM me and I will send you a link.

Most, if not all of the current crop of high-end videocards seem to have enough processing power to run every current racing title. I've noticed though, that just about every new sim released in the past few months, seem to benefit quite a bit in smoothness from additional video memory buffers than the almost standard 1GB. The bigger grids really seem to tax 1GB at start of races.

I am using an ATI 5750 1gb and I don't have issues at the start of the race. I also have a couple of the graphics settings turned down just a touch too so that might be why. I almost never use shadows as those increase the load on the system processor as well as the graphics card processor. I also tend to turn off graphics that are not needed for racing, for instance I don't see trees and such.

I just bought the new 6970 XFX card. Im pretty impressed so far, without even propper drivers (To be released soon) and a not so hot cpu (Q8200 quad) Im getting excellent frame rates in F1 2010 in DX11 with EVERYTHING maxxed out, then add the eyefinity 6 option and its a pretty good card for your money tbh :) This card has been called a bit of a let down by a few ppl, due no massive FPS gain, but the real reasion for this is a large change in the 69 series archtecture that will make its benifits felt in later realeases of games to come as they start to implement this new tech.

And the 2Gb of FAST GDDR5 ram is a big benifit also, and not to mention I have already easily and with no ill effects upped the GPU speed from 880mgz to 950 and and a BIG hike in ram speed also:)

Dont underestimate this series of cards, the good stuff is yet to come and it will be more future proof than most other options :)

IMHO Scan have never been ones to take advantage of there customers, I have ALWAYS found customer care/advice to be excellent :)

At the end of the day, you pays yer money.........:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back