Cars Getting yellow headlights?

Hi there,
as some of you have maybe noticed, there's now a (basically two) mod(s) for night racing in AC. ATM I am trying to find a way to get some yellow headlights on track. Sadly the skins where the headlights are colored yellow are still shining white. Can anyone help me at this point how to turn them yellow?
20180603141056_1lkrpk.jpg

20180603141057_1wjq2z.jpg

The skin at day:
42166678971_ac0f38d6ec_o.jpg

you can't without unpacking the data.acd, the light emission values are hardcoded in the data files

Which also means that every single instance of that car will have the same headlight colour; unlike the skins where the glass can be changed with a texture for each individual skin.

You should be able to tweak it on cars that start out white by changing the texture of the headlight itself instead of the lens, that only works if the headlight's material isn't mapped to anything else silver though. You probably need to exaggerate the color to make it show up though cause most of the PP filters whiten bright lights.

Probably best to just have patience...a couple days ago backfires weren't emitting light and now they are even glowing the correct color. We are so beyond what was thought possible.....
I´m eagerly waiting for the bue light they have in the Nords 24h in the windscreen for the top qualifiers, illuminating the whole cockpit :rolleyes:

This and the headlight color alongsight track lights ( and lots more stuff) are on the To-Do list if you have a look on the website by the way.

This and the headlight color alongsight track lights ( and lots more stuff) are on the To-Do list if you have a look on the website by the way.

I am quite familiar with the website, thanks.

Crazy just how far past impossible we already are, with more still to come...

Headlight color and TRACK LIGHTS??? To do list? MORE TO COME???

Which website are you referring to? If you can't share it in the open, could you please send me the link via PM?

Which website are you referring to? If you can't share it in the open, could you please send me the link via PM?
Don't think any of these are possible without modification of the tracks and cars.

So far the mod makes use of information and material that is already there, light emitting mesh of any kind (via lights.ini, via material settings) plus Normals to direct the light cone. Maybe some evaluation of the colour values to decide on the range of the cone, as in more red = brake lights = wider cone.

Don't think any of these are possible without modification of the tracks and cars.

So far the mod makes use of information and material that is already there, light emitting mesh of any kind (via lights.ini, via material settings) plus Normals to direct the light cone. Maybe some evaluation of the colour values to decide on the range of the cone, as in more red = brake lights = wider cone.

Have you been to the web site? https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights

@x4fab includes the below to his todo list:
  • Add support for animated lights
  • Add support for track lights
  • Add support for extra lights
I don't know about these computer things. Maybe he's still got stuff up his sleeve.

Have you been to the web site? https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights

@x4fab includes the below to his todo list:
  • Add support for animated lights
  • Add support for track lights
  • Add support for extra lights
I don't know about these computer things. Maybe he's still got stuff up his sleeve.
Yes...i have been. And it's exactly what I meant. Tracks would need additional light emitting things as there is not too much on it currently (Nordschleife has the board at the Touristenfahrten exit for example).

A few mod tracks do look pretty cool already as they have more lights, like C1 or Toscana.

Wish it worked in VR :(

It does. It's so highly WIP that sometimes it gets updated multiple times a day. VR has been fixed for a couple of days.

Read the todo list and you'll get the idea that all of that is planned to be possible once the project is finished and propperly integrated within CM. CM will eventually take the information of the positions and color of the lights from the car's data. Regarding track lights, there has already been a version that used the AI line to place spots alongside the track to make it illuminated. It was more accidental and wasn't propperly aligned with the track, but it will work eventually. The focus is on optimization and propper looks for now, so it might take while until we see something like that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back