Getting stuck during start-up

Sleeker

Rudolph the Rednosed Racer
Hi folks,
I downloaded automobilista from steam today, and while I try to start up the game I get this menu; "enter player name". I can type my name, but when I press enter it won't accept it and I have to leave the game via task manager. Is there any solution for this or am I doomed?:(

Sounds like a permission problem… Game is probably trying to write your profile in a folder where you don't have the rights to. It should have been solved in one of the last update: user folder is now in Documents folder exactly to avoid those kind of problems! Maybe try to run the game as administrator? Or ask in the official Reiza forum, I think they will be the most efficient to assist you! In any case I don't think you are doomed: I have seen people with the same kind of trouble and they solved it! :)

Thanks Alex.
It seems like I can't run steam games as administrator. (When I right-click on the desktop icon it's not one of the options.)
I'm going to ask on the Reiza forum. :geek:
Thanks again!

Mmm, maybe you need to right-click on the exe directly? Default path is something like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\AMS.exe
But yes, this is getting beyond my knowledge, I'm not the best for helping you here!

Thanks Alex! That worked! I had to open it like the way you suggested, fill in my name and the level and I could enter the game. After that I tried to start the game again with the desktop icon and there was no need anymore to run it as administrator. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back