Getting a downloaded car that has no .gdb in game

This is probably really easy and I'm missing something key, but how do I get a car I've downloaded that has no .gdb information attached to it in the game? For reference, I'm talking about the Broadspeed XJ12 by wingnut, which comes only with a "Teams" folder and nothing else. What do I need to do/create so that the car is selectable in a series?

As far as I know: you just need to enter the the classes in which you want it to appear in the "Classes" section of the ".Car" file (near the bottom). You can open the .car file with Notepad or any other text editor. The available "Classes" are .gdb files (such as "FULL.gdb", "2004.gdb", G2_2004.gdb", "24H_2004.gdb", etc.) which are located in "/GTR2/GameData/". Good luck!

Just an important detail:

The available class is not necessarily a .gdb one ... it is mainly one of the "SpecialClasses" you find opening a SIM_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gdb file in the GTR2/Gamedata folder.

An example out of the original GTR2 classes: you won't find a SIM_2004.gdb but this 2004 class is included in the SIM_OFFICIAL.gdb as one of the Special Classes
And in this same SIM_OFFICIAL.gdb, you may also find a special category for this 2004 class.

This Broadspeed XJ12 .car file surely mentions classes already existing in another mod having a SIM_xxxxxxxxx.gdb file...

EDIT:
Did you check if there's not a Readme.txt ? .. it should mention which mod is needed to include this car. That's mostly the case .... that a Readme will not be read. :whistling:

Last edited:
Thanks very much, the pair of you.

There wasn't a readme, but the information I needed I skipped past on the website I downloaded it from, and it was the GTL-GTR2 mod (made obsolete by Power & Glory I understand) that I needed. I thought it was simply information detailing that it had been converted from GTL and that it was a standalone car. Ah well, at least I know now for future reference.

The car-sharing between mods was a big reason I finally made the switch from RFactor to GTR2, even though I've had the retail disc for the latter a lot longer than I'd care to admit. Other than open-wheel racing (which F1C does better anyway due to the car/driver differences), I really don't see how the former became the most well-known of all the GMotor-based racing sims, when GTR2 was basically the same game but with an extra year of development, so you had stuff like weather changes and driver animations that the other lacked. Ah well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back