Game wont start with RSRBR2011

I just installed... and cant start the game anymore, when i try to do so trough RSCenter, the loading stuck in 1/2 and if I try to do it trough the game itself, everything I get is white screen, then shut down with DMP error..
any ideas?

My RBR developed a problem, the game won't launch from RSCenter 2011. I get 2 green bars and it won't go any futher. In task manager shows 35% CPU use but the RSCenter seems frozen. It happens in any mode i try ( play alone or public ) bar RBR SSE which launches the original game. That works fine. I have already reinstalled everything 2 times but nothing works. I,m at loss, how can this happen if everything worked fine 2 days ago? I have no plugins and all updates are installed. No error massages, its just stuck at the point of launch.

Any ideas guys? In desperation i,m thinking of clean OS install as maybe something got corrupted but don't really want to do that right now. HELP

Dariusz, it sounds like something blocking part of RSRBR. Have you tried disabling antivirus, firewalls, etc.
try using the diagnostic tool at Rallysim, they might help you.

EDIT: how long have you waited, sometimes it can take up to a minute to load.

I even done full firewall reinstall, tried to run without it, no antivirus running too and the longest i've waited 10min. I do have the diagnostic tool but its all in french ( Depannage RSRBR 2011 ).

It started 2 days ago, first it was loading up for about 3min ( from the usuall 20-30sec ), loaded eventually and after stage run RSCenter was showing constant 35% CPU usage. After 2nd stage run all was back to normal. If i restarted RSCenter it happened again. Yesterday wont start at all, i have spent many hours trying different things but nothing works. WTH?????

This is a wild one Dariusz, but are you running in Windowed mode or Full screen. (ie. What do you have your Richard Burns rally.ini file set to).
I run in Windowed mode but when I run on-line, it automatically goes to Full Screen when the game loads.
That's the only thing I can think of right now that could be different between Off-Line and On-Line.

I don't have an answer for you unfortunately, but I had this happen to me a few weeks ago, and another driver also experienced it this week.
Has this only started happening recently for you??

My initial suspicion is that it is related to a lost or very slow connection to the Server.
I'd suggest that you post over in the RallyeSim forum, it's their program and server and maybe there is a recent problem that they need to know about.

One other option is somehow your firewall or AV is blocking it, but that doesn't explain why it doesn't happen all of the time. Maybe try turning off your AV when running RSRBR2011?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I have Win vista and 64bit. And yes i have automatic updates enabled. I have always had this problem. I have never been able to play whole championship leg and thats why i dont get any good positions.

sorry for bad english :)

I run win 7 64bit and had to stop windows even looking for updates as it made RBR slow right down. Because I am on a router for my Internet I disabled any anti virus and firewall. You also need to check whether there are any other programs running when you are gaming. Perhaps the best way to do it is to stop programs one by one until you can identify which is causing the problem. I would certainly disable win automatic updates and see what happens.

There was also a microsoft file search program that on win 7 is known to sap resources. Have a look at the processes that are running on your machine (CTRL+Alt+Del) see how much resource is being used and what is using it. If you find a process that is consuming large amount of resource then research the name on the web and see what purpose it serves and whether you can disable it.

HTH,
Pete

rsrbr 2011 doesn't run on my pc also.

win xp, disabled antivirus/firewall, clean install of RBR
(in d:\games\rbr\), creation of "mulligatawny" profile,
installation of rsrbr 2011, update 3, update 5, all cars pack (all downloaded today),
I've registered (3098,vasgko2) and I am connected properly, I've chosen "play alone",
I select a8w-11 and proper settings (ds3, tarmac, france) and when I hit Launch RSRB 2011
the green bar is stuck in about 5% and nothing happens.
Process explorer shows cpu utilization of about 45% for rscenter2011.exe but nothing happens.

Any idea?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back