Game will not load

Hi Inouk,

Does the crash give you any kind of error message?

Perhaps you could try this method, seems to work for many people, just try resetting your resolution in game to something else, and then set it back to your native resolution. This should hopefully fix your problem.

No codes. It just loads the track and car, and it returns me to my desk top. I tried a lower resolution and same thing.
When I try the benchmark, it returns me to deck top, but I can hear the cars.

Go to your settings and change your resolution to what you normally use. Sometimes AC updates tend to destroy that setting and revert it to 640x480 which it won't load.

Edit: Whoops, it seems you already tried that... It seemed similar to why my game wouldn't load...

What I should try as it already worked for some cases:
- go to your Documents and rename the Assetto Corsa folder in Assetto Corsa Back for example
- launch the game, set your resolution and launch a simple practice to check the game doesn't crash any longer.... and a new Assetto Corsa folder will be created in your Documents.
( NB: save it also as Assetto Corsa New )
- if it works, begin bringing back files ( Copy ) from your backup folder and first your Assetto Corsa Back\cfg\controllers\savedsetups to the new Assetto Corsa folder... so you have your saved presets for your wheel.
- new game try ... and if it works
- go on bringing back some other files from your backup to the same place in the new one.
Do that with 1 folder at a time and launch game.
- If the problem was in your Documents ... you'll quickly know where was the problem.

Of course, when the problem is known you'll have to begin again as the faulty file will maybe have replaced the good original one.

Of course you have tried the obvious thing to do...so sry for asking but:

Have you tried to verify gamedata via steam?
Every update one of the custom apps i downloaded, stops working or worse preventing AC from working.
So go to steam, the game in bibliotehk, right mouse, properties or what ever it is called and let steam verify the local game data.
Dont know how, but sometimes something goes wrong...

The game will load, it stops when I pick my car, and track then hit start. It goes back to desktop, and I can hear the game running.
It only started after the new download last week. All other games are fine.

The game will load, it stops when I pick my car, and track then hit start. It goes back to desktop, and I can hear the game running.
It only started after the new download last week. All other games are fine.
Use alt+tab and maybe you'll see the game preview. Or directly in the windows taskbar.
Is acs.exe process running in taskbar? Then end the process and try to run the game again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back