Game freezes during race.

rFactor freezes now and again while I am racing. The pictures freezes that is, while sometimes the sound continues as normal or on a loop. I exit the game using SuperF4 and the everything is fine with Windows and the desktop.

Yes I do have an NVidia card, but I've checked the temperatures and the max was only 54 degrees.

Could it be a background process? I have AVG running and some other stuff.

Last edited:
rFactor freezes now and again while I am racing. The pictures freezes that is, while sometimes the sound continues as normal or on a loop. I exit the game using SuperF4 and the everything is fine with Windows and the desktop.

Yes I do have an NVidia card, but I've checked the temperatures and the max was only 54 degrees.

Could it be a background process? I have AVG running and some other stuff.
This has happened to me as well recently. Exactly as you describe. I have not figured it out yet either. I exit out and restart and all is fine. Has only happened twice over the last couple of weeks.

Such hangups occur for me occasionally, with sound going on in a loop or something—the race clearly doesn't continue. The thing is, I'm playing on Mac with Wine, and not with an Nvidia card at all. So I'm guessing either this is a game's thing, or we have different causes for about the same result.

Considering the age of the game, I would guess there's already much written on freezes and other possible problems.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back