G920 it could work better in AMS

My G25 just died and I replaced it with a G920. I've had a number of Logitech devices and it seemed to me the best replacement. The new Logitech software is installed, it offers little, just sensitivity and a sensitivity and a choice for centering spring, nothing like the old profiler. Everything I've read about it in AMS indicates problems but people seem to get everything working with a "beta" that is, my guess, already fully implemented in the 1.5.xx release.

My problems:
#I seem to have 900 degree rotation no matter what I have settings to in either Logitech or AMS software, I can run with 900 but prefer less(which I have a deadband workaround for).
#No ffb, no matter what settings I use, natta, no matter what settings. I have a bit of wheel "resistance" at all times that is NOT centering spring and cannot be adjusted.

All info for anything like this is pre 1.5. My guess is that there has been no real fix and will be no real help for me. Also my guess that there aren't many G920 users in this forum. So I'm asking the ones that do have one to share their "best" fix. If I can't get ffb, I'm off to RRE and AC where the wheel works fine!

Thanks for looking!

Dennis

There's a beta branch for AMS, specifically for g29/g920 wheels. Logitech has messed up their drivers so badly, that there's minimal chance of being able to merge the workarounds into the main branch.

Look for Automobilista -> Properties -> Betas -> "logitechg29". Highly suggested to validate files and create a brand new profile just after that. ;)

Just for clarity in case its the issue; The "beta branch for g29/920" mentioned by Pico is a separate thing from just the beta. You have to right click on your Automobilista install in the Steam library and go to properties. Then go to the beta tab in that window and in the dropdown choose the Logitech g29 choice.

Roger that. It's indicated as being there on my Steam list also.
Of course, the software that Logitech has produced for this wheel is nothing like what has been available in the past.
I just pent a considerable time getting steering and ffb working to my liking in AC and it's about the same as the old G25. It was not an easy thing, lol.

Roger that. It's indicated as being there on my Steam list also.
Of course, the software that Logitech has produced for this wheel is nothing like what has been available in the past.
I just pent a considerable time getting steering and ffb working to my liking in AC and it's about the same as the old G25. It was not an easy thing, lol.

Logitech has dropped the ball on this so badly. Be happy if any developer bothers to accommodate it in the future. Why would they drop a system that worked perfectly for years????

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back