G29 not countersteering?

New to racing sims and trying to learn how to drift with Assetto Corsa and the Logitech G29. I've already heard that it's difficult and you have to mess with FFB or throw the wheel when countersteering, but I've noticed that the wheel only goes back to center and doesn't self-align/correct. At least if I'm understanding it correctly, the wheel is supposed to correct itself, but when I let go the wheel just goes back to center and stays. I've seen videos where the wheel does steer and even turns more than mine should. Any options or suggestions as to what I should do? How can I start fresh in terms of the drivers and wheel setup to start from the beginning if something's wrong. Should I be using GHUB or LGS? I also heard of something called Logitech Profile or whatnot. Let me know if something I said doesn't make sense, I'm still trying to figure out terms and how to.

did you fix this issue? i am now having this same issue and ive only found this thread and another reddit thread with the same issue and theres been nothing said about how its been resolved

Upvote 0
did you fix this issue? i am now having this same issue and ive only found this thread and another reddit thread with the same issue and theres been nothing said about how its been resolved
I think i am having the same issue. in multiple games the wheel just doesn't work how it used to anymore, in assetto corsa for example when i start a drift the wheel doesn't automatically rotate like a real car and like how it used to it just sits still. literally unplayable anymore because any oversteer in formula 1 takes like 3 times more effort to handle than normal

Upvote 0
I think i am having the same issue. in multiple games the wheel just doesn't work how it used to anymore, in assetto corsa for example when i start a drift the wheel doesn't automatically rotate like a real car and like how it used to it just sits still. literally unplayable anymore because any oversteer in formula 1 takes like 3 times more effort to handle than normal
Same with mine, used to work perfect, didnt play for a week and now is unplayable

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes