g27 wheel button's connector damaged while removing from pcb, need help!

while removing my g27 wheel from unit, i pulled 3 wires from female connector that connects to board. i was able to
remove the 3 pins from nylon connector, but the wires where crimped on to pins. the pins inside connector are VERY small.
has anybody run into this situation before and found a way to repair more easily than resoldering wires to pins and trying
to re-insert into nylon connector ???? i'd appreciate any and all help.

note: logitech does not sell any replacement parts.

jgmz1

Patience and a carefully selected tool will allow you to open up the pins to remove them and replace them without too much hassle. You say they are crimped, but be careful as they may also be soldered. I would first try the soldering iron on them to see if they let loose. If they don't then using something to hold the pins and inserting something like a stick pin might open them enough to allow the wire to be removed.

Upvote 0
i have made repairs to connector. the wires where crimped on, so i opened them up with 2mm screwdriver just enough for wire.
i stripped wires just enough to apply a small dab of solder, then re-crimped to pin with needle nose pliers. i used soldering iron
to melt solder just enough so wire adheres to pin. i re-inserted pin into connector using same 2mm srcewdriver very carefully.
mounted button assembly to wheel then connectors to wheel PCB. tested wheel and buttons around rFactor's Monza, fixed....
NOTE: when removing wheel from base, NEVER use pliers on connectors! thats how damaged occured. use small
screwdriver and work connector out by its sides a little at a time.

jgmz1

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back