G27 shifter button to toggle mod help

I can up with this idea to take the button I used to turn the ignition off and on in my sim league and make it a toggle... but I really am not sure how to do that

I wanna use the left middle red button on the bottom
71EMt4O7U7L._SL1500_.jpg

this is the switch I wanna use
illuminated-toggle-2.png

how can I do this without making a fancy button box

Last edited:
The shifter buttons are a membrane type, so you'll need to scrape back a bit of the traces next to it to expose some clean copper and then you can solder a wire to each side, and then those wires go to the middle and one outside terminal of the switch. The switch lever acts like a see-saw, so the outside terminal you want to wire as the on position is actually the one on the opposite side that the lever sits when it's on. You'll also have to mount the switch somewhere away from the buttons as the board sits right behind them. Once you have the shifter apart, you'll be able to see where you have space to put it.

Upvote 0
There may be an issue with that type of switch as a direct replacement too. Think of it like this, that switch when on, would be the keyboard equivalent of holding down a key until you throw it into the off position. You can software your way around it, but its a ball ache.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back