DiRT 4 G27 Settings

Hello my rally friends,
this topic is all abaut the settings on g27 mainly.... if you find some fine settings pls share.... i was running on Dirt Rally the Lar555 settings, they was best for me so im looking for some like that :p if you have some good ideas how to improve driving feeling here is yout space to share .... THX

Right guys have been playing with settings for several days now, and with a combination of mine and a few of you guys, have come up with these. Works better on some cars than others. Please try them and let me know what you think. I'm no expert on what they do just trying to get it to feel right and as close to how I had them in Dirt Rally.

Profiler
Overall strength 100%
Spring/Damper 0%
Enable centre spring checked 0% (no idea if this makes any difference checked or not)
Rotation 540 degrees
Rest checked.
Ingame.
Advanced Input Soft Lock Off
FFB
Sat 50%
Wheel 35%
Tire 0%
Susp 65%
Slip 0%
Collision 85%
Soft Lock 70%
Centre Force 0%
Force Enabled Off

Last edited:
will try, but how does it figure you turn off soft lock and then set it at 70% ? same for centre force, don't you turn it off in the last line and put it at 12% in the second to last one? just curious.
no idea really soft lock was always off in dirt rally but set at 100%
guess if centre force is off then the value probably makes no difference.
Also have set wheel friction to 35 for a little more weight to the wheel and collision to 85

+1, i used ian's settings as a starting point over again after having found out the hard way that indeed the cars are totally different in rallyx and rally. for rallyx, i put all the settings back to codies' pre-sets and it felt just fine. I then did a Spanish stage with the same settings and I felt I had a wrecking ball swinging in the middle of my lancia, awful. Since I never touch my logitech profiler ever since the great driver mixup a year or so ago, i used the following settings and they feel quite good to me, though I would love to be able to have 110% or a 120% of the overall effects felt on the wheel. Can this be set anywhere?

Anyway, here's what i used, I always put in a bit more than Ian, just feels a little better to me:

FFB
Sat (isn't it called differently?) 75%
Wheel 50%
Tire 20%
Susp 70%
Slip 20%
Collision 85%
Soft Lock 75%
Centre Force 15%
Force Enabled Off

+1, i used ian's settings as a starting point over again after having found out the hard way that indeed the cars are totally different in rallyx and rally. for rallyx, i put all the settings back to codies' pre-sets and it felt just fine. I then did a Spanish stage with the same settings and I felt I had a wrecking ball swinging in the middle of my lancia, awful. Since I never touch my logitech profiler ever since the great driver mixup a year or so ago, i used the following settings and they feel quite good to me, though I would love to be able to have 110% or a 120% of the overall effects felt on the wheel. Can this be set anywhere?

Anyway, here's what i used, I always put in a bit more than Ian, just feels a little better to me:

FFB
Sat (isn't it called differently?) 75%
Wheel 50%
Tire 20%
Susp 70%
Slip 20%
Collision 85%
Soft Lock 75%
Centre Force 15%
Force Enabled Off
This is a nice setup, which works nicely for me with the exception of wheel, will keep mine at 35, 50 is too strong on the wheel for me.
Cheers.

I used it originally to turn down the stiffness harshness of the ffb, but im back to 105% now and just turned down the ones in game and it feels better. I'm around 65 for most of them now.
I've found wheel set at 35 to 50 is best for stiffness of steering leave profiler at 100 and rest at 0. Try Eckharts settings works really well. If wheel too stiff use 35 or above. See how it goes.

I'm curious as to why people are tweaking soft lock and centre force. The former just adds resistance when you hit the rotation limit you've set for the wheel, and the latter just centres the wheel when you hit the reset button after crashing your car. (It does not act on the wheel while driving.) They don't actually affect the feel of the FFB, so I'm not sure why there's a reason to have them at anything other than 100%?

I'm curious as to why people are tweaking soft lock and centre force. The former just adds resistance when you hit the rotation limit you've set for the wheel, and the latter just centres the wheel when you hit the reset button after crashing your car. (It does not act on the wheel while driving.) They don't actually affect the feel of the FFB, so I'm not sure why there's a reason to have them at anything other than 100%?
Changed Soft lock on and 100%, Centre force on 100% Absolutely right Ross made a big difference to the way the car handles especially my fav at mo the Ford Focus 2007. Actually won two stages on Demanding difficulty, ( I'm a novice).
Cheers Ross alot better, but still room for improvement I guess.

Changed Soft lock on and 100%, Centre force on 100% Absolutely right Ross made a big difference to the way the car handles especially my fav at mo the Ford Focus 2007. Actually won two stages on Demanding difficulty, ( I'm a novice).
Cheers Ross alot better, but still room for improvement I guess.
I'm confused. Ross was saying that center force just comes into play on car reset, and soft lock sets the limit of degrees. How did this change anything????

Thanks but editing the file just makes the ffb stronger... it doesn't fix the s&*ty in between ffb. For example, you lose all front end grip, it's loose. Cool. Gain grip, there's a lazy static feeling, no in between. It's codebastards lazy ffb model probably designed for consoles. UGH and these jerks charged the same price for console and PC despite PC having almost no fees for licensing.

Make sure when you edit to not put the backup in the same folder. This game is retarded... I lost the ability to enter the game even with keyboard when I had my backup zip file in devices dir. No error messages, no nothing. Typical of software laziness these days, no feedback on errors, just pretend like everything is ok, ARGH f u to the industry that lead to this. Same problems on modern ecu's on cars who have an issue, horrible diagnostics due to lazy engineering with minimal feedback.

Last edited:
Thanks but editing the file just makes the ffb stronger... it doesn't fix the s&*ty in between ffb. For example, you lose all front end grip, it's loose. Cool. Gain grip, there's a lazy static feeling, no in between. It's codebastards lazy ffb model probably designed for consoles. UGH and these jerks charged the same price for console and PC despite PC having almost no fees for licensing.

Make sure when you edit to not put the backup in the same folder. This game is retarded... I lost the ability to enter the game even with keyboard when I had my backup zip file in devices dir. No error messages, no nothing. Typical of software laziness these days, no feedback on errors, just pretend like everything is ok, ARGH f u to the industry that lead to this. Same problems on modern ecu's on cars who have an issue, horrible diagnostics due to lazy engineering with minimal feedback.

Thanks for the info I have updated the guide with your recommendation, very weird you've got this issue I know a lot of users are using a modified file with no problems at all. Guess there has to be a first. Hopefully you can find a solution to the problem here?
http://forums.codemasters.com/discu...-on-controller-locked-to-pause-fuction#latest

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back