G27 holding back my enjoyment?

Hi all, im a long time simracer since back in the GPL VROC days.
Ive always considered myself a casual simracer but i have played them all,i never had a proper cockpit setup just a desktop with wheel attached, it suits me as i play a lot of other types of games on PC.
My sims of choice are R3E,ACC,AC,AMS [iracing if it ever drops in price] but lately im just not getting the buzz i once had and i find myself playing other types of games even more and the wheel detached from the desk more and more.
This got me thinking is my cheapo sim gear ie G27 partly to blame, i look on with envy at all the amazing quality sim gear available but i always find i put my money into the PC hardware for top performance with all games and just buy a cheapish wheel to scratch that simracing itch again mainyl because i play all sorts of games not just racing sims.
The net result is im considering a more expensive wheel if there really is a huge difference say compared to a G27?
DD wheels are just out of the question but im thinking something around the €500 mark might not be a bad choice, again if its a big difference compared to a G27?
Thought appreciated, thanks for reading ;)

So the wheel arrived yesterday, booted up AC and wow what a difference.
ACC next but im struggling to find settings to feel as strong as AC.
Im well pissed off at the t3pa connection to the base, it doesnt click into place and just sits there, it hasnt come free while racing yet but but just touching it is enough to dislodge it and lose pedal input.
Im forcing the coolong fan to on while racing, do i really need to do so all the time?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea