Resource icon

Misc FX Configs for Seattle Circuit 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
@JBolho This config brutally tanks my performance, turning into an unplayable 20-30fps slideshow when it runs a rock-solid 60+fps without it. Maybe look into it a little bit?

Night with your config, 20 cars
20210707015037_1.jpg

Daytime with config disabled, 20 cars
20210707015305_1.jpg

JBolho updated FX Configs for Seattle Circuit with a new update entry:

Version 1.1 - Performance tweaks

Since there were complaints about performance issues (yeah, adapting certain meshes for light sources can be a pain), i cut back and adapted a few things:

- Number of active Jumbotrons greatly reduced
- Only the left side stands are lit now on the Start/Finish straight
- Underpass lighting completely modified, light sources changed and reduced.
- Overall night lights strength slightly reduced.

FPS still dips a bit on race starts at night-time while CSP is processing all the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Where exactly does it go down? On the underpasses I imagine?
With 1.0 the performance was terrible everywhere, but particularly at the underpass where it would drop to low 20s. With 1.1 it runs ~60fps for most of the track, at the underpass it drops below 50s. And at the start of the race I get fps drops as described in the update description. The underpass is still pretty bad though, would be great if you could fix whatever it is about it that tanks the fps.

View attachment 486613View attachment 486612added lights and flashing traffic lights
Nice touch!
With 1.0 the performance was terrible everywhere, but particularly at the underpass where it would drop to low 20s. With 1.1 it runs ~60fps for most of the track, at the underpass it drops below 50s. And at the start of the race I get fps drops as described in the update description. The underpass is still pretty bad though, would be great if you could fix whatever it is about it that tanks the fps.
There's not much else i can do there besides taking off the lights entirely now... The reason for the big drop was that I was using the underpass mesh as a light point generator, now it just uses the 2 gantries on the first one and the ad poles on the 2nd.
I'll see if I can optimize the gantries light points to something not as penalizing.
On the race start is more or less normal because CSP is enabling all the lights, shadows, reflections, etc, but it stabilizes immediately after the start.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back