Future of Simracing gameplay videos?!

Impressive video! it is the only way to drive a racing car. Who would imagine that 5 years ago? 5 years ago I went with joystick and now it looks like real life.

Has its bad side, after a few laps with a Ferrari ... I have to make do with my car 80hp :cautious:

Now when vr will be able to do that while playing that will be crazy. Interesting video though!
With the setup of Marcel (everything covered in green) and a front-camera using chroma-key that would already be possible. But then again - who wants to cover everything in green sheets whenever he's racing? :D

For that kind of immersion I would bet a few people would be willing to. Not to mention vendors with motion rigs at expo's and events. Myself, probably not, but that is really cool. So on this video do you think that was actually what they saw when they raced? I had just assumed it was done for the replay footage, but I wonder if it really is what they saw and that was the reason for drinking the coke.

Last edited:
The whole setup there is for the video, for the audience, not for the player.

It doesn't increase immersion in anyway - in fact it doesn't change it in the slightest.

When you're wearing a VR headset, you can't see anything other than what's in the headset. You can't see your physical BMW wheel, you can't see its display. You can't even see the Coke bottle.

In fact it will look downright weird to him when he's actually playing / filming that as he won't be able to see a wheel, virtual arms, hands at all as it looks like he's removed them so that he doesn't have 2 wheels in the video.

The whole setup there is for the video, for the audience, not for the player.

It doesn't increase immersion in anyway - in fact it doesn't change it in the slightest.

When you're wearing a VR headset, you can't see anything other than what's in the headset. You can't see your physical BMW wheel, you can't see its display. You can't even see the Coke bottle.

In fact it will look downright weird to him when he's actually playing / filming that as he won't be able to see a wheel, virtual arms, hands at all as it looks like he's removed them so that he doesn't have 2 wheels in the video.

I agree

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back