Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod)

Apps Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod) V1.29

Login or Register an account to download this content
@felan The Fuel Usage does have a Window for estimating the time remaining with the current fuel in the car, but I realize that's not as useful as a suggestion for how much fuel you need at the next stop. I'll have to consider this.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light here. My PC tripped during an AC session. After I reboot, Steam somehow lost track that I had AC installed, so I had to reinstall the game (although the folders were all intact on my HDD). Upon relaunching the game I realized the fuel_usage app disappeared. So I reinstalled it via CM (drag and drop). But when I go into the pit, this is what I see now. I tried deleting and re-installing a few times both manually and via CM but to no avail.

I tried looking into py_log and I saw this bunch of text, not sure if it meant anything

Fuel Usage Mini USING GUI SCALING
Fuel Usage Main Error (logged to file)
[fuel_usage: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/fuel_usage\fuel_usage.py", line 978, in acMain
Initialize(x_start, y_start)
File "apps/python/fuel_usage\fuel_usage.py", line 307, in Initialize
AverageFuelPerLap = float(f.readline()[6:])
ValueError: could not convert string to float: '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/fuel_usage\fuel_usage.py", line 1012, in acMain
ConsoleLog(repr(traceback.format_exception(exc_type, exc_value, exc_traceback)))
NameError: global name 'traceback' is not defined

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Error.PNG
    Error.PNG
    74.6 KB · Views: 72
I'm hoping someone can shed some light here. My PC tripped during an AC session. After I reboot, Steam somehow lost track that I had AC installed, so I had to reinstall the game (although the folders were all intact on my HDD). Upon relaunching the game I realized the fuel_usage app disappeared. So I reinstalled it via CM (drag and drop). But when I go into the pit, this is what I see now. I tried deleting and re-installing a few times both manually and via CM but to no avail.

I tried looking into py_log and I saw this bunch of text, not sure if it meant anything

Fuel Usage Mini USING GUI SCALING
Fuel Usage Main Error (logged to file)
[fuel_usage: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/fuel_usage\fuel_usage.py", line 978, in acMain
Initialize(x_start, y_start)
File "apps/python/fuel_usage\fuel_usage.py", line 307, in Initialize
AverageFuelPerLap = float(f.readline()[6:])
ValueError: could not convert string to float: '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/fuel_usage\fuel_usage.py", line 1012, in acMain
ConsoleLog(repr(traceback.format_exception(exc_type, exc_value, exc_traceback)))
NameError: global name 'traceback' is not defined

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Fuel Usage stores data here: C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AC_fuel_usage

Go in there and delete everything and try it again. If you want extra credit find a way to send me a copy of the most recent files so I can test with them to fix the crashing bug. :)

I have a discord over here: https://discord.me/esotic

Cheers,

Esotic

No - that is not the problem - but only the size is too big (see pic app in car); I mean the "petrol pump icon", which is seen in your app demo-video fuel usage 1.19 in the corner upper left (see icon).
Thanks Esotic

Attachments

• app fuel_usage in car.JPG
    app fuel_usage in car.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 51
  • icon.jpg
    icon.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 53
Great app!
Though I have question, and maybe one suggestion.
How do I reset average litres per laps used? Noticed that most of the time when joining practice server average fuel usage per lap is already filled. No idea how many laps are taken into account to calculate that average, but it seems to be bit laggy, like averages can be.
Instead I am trying to compare fuel used after I see it crossing the line to my fuel target, then calculate difference between target and fuel used on last lap and add that difference to delta, which tels me if I need to fuel save (and how much fuel I need to save), or if I can push, because on few previous laps I didn't match fuel target, to I can safely go over the target without worries (and by how much I can go over the target without worries). Would it be possible to add place/option to set fuel target and have that difference calculated, stored and reseted when fueling?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.