Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod)

Apps Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod) V1.29

Login or Register an account to download this content
Esotic submitted a new resource:

Fuel Usage (Esotic Mod) - modified fuel usage app by Thomas Gocke

I modded the fuel usage app that you can get over here:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/in...el-usage.3910/

This new V1.16 has lots of options in the INI:
;Set Values to 1 to turn them on, 0 to turn them off, unless otherwise specified.
;background toggles showing background.
;backgroundOpacity is a float, but only 1 digit of precision (0.1, 0.2, etc). 0.0 to 1.0 are valid.
;HideIcon hides AC icon....

Read more about this resource...

Hi, looks like a useful app. Where do I put the files to make it work?
Thanks.

The base folder in that Zip is "apps". If you look to where AC is installed by Steam there should also be an "apps" folder. I'm not on my gaming PC right now, but I think it's normally something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\".

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

So with this app do I still need to do the 3 laps for it to tell me how many laps I'll get on my current fuel load or does it tell you straight away and then adjust as you drive. The reason I ask is sometimes I don't get a chance to do 3 laps in a quick race server and I just leave the tank at default which can be too much or not enough depending on the track, car and length of race. So if this does it straight away I'll be wrapped.

So with this app do I still need to do the 3 laps for it to tell me how many laps I'll get on my current fuel load...

This app should remember the estimate for any car/track combo you've already driven, so if you've driven the track before with the same car then you'll get some data right away (liters per lap and laps remaining with current fuel load). If you've not ever driven that lap/track combo then you'll need to complete 2 laps before you get an estimate. In an online session the first lap would be an outlap, which gets disregarded, and your second lap (assuming you complete it) should result in an initial estimate. Every lap after that would refine the estimate. This app could be useful in a race scenario to help prevent you from running out of gas in the middle of a lap. At the very least you could use the PitConfig app to help setup a "splash and dash" where you hit the pits just to get some fuel to help finish the race.

As an FYI, I always add a few liters (maybe .5 to 1 laps worth) to the value I get when multiplying liters per lap by laps in the race. Many times the estimate is calculated under perfect conditions (I.E., no damage to the car), whereas in the race you may take some damage during your first lap, which will increase your fuel consumption.

Big Thanks... I like this app. Be cool to be able to set the number of laps of the race, then have this app make adjustments to PitConfig. Talk about making changing race strategy more intuitive. Anyway... Big Thanks... I LIKE IT!

Big Thanks... I like this app. Be cool to be able to set the number of laps of the race, then have this app make adjustments to PitConfig. Talk about making changing race strategy more intuitive. Anyway... Big Thanks... I LIKE IT!
I think the author of the Pit Config considered an "automatic" mode, but pit strategies have the potential to be way too complicated for an app to make assumptions about what you want. Or maybe he (and I would agree with him) thinks that pit strategies should be something the driver spends time considering and planning before a race.

For example, should you run a short first stint on softs and then a longer second stint on mediums? Or should you run two stints of equal laps on mediums to have less fuel per stint? What happens when you take damage in the first lap? There may be times you want to hit the pits just to fix damage or splash in a particular amount of fuel. All of these scenarios are a little too complicated for the Pit Config to make assumptions about. I would be inclined to maybe add a few presets to the PitConfig that you could cycle through for all these various scenarios. :)

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Ya, didn't think of that... well... doing stints yes, but I forget that some people race 15 laps, some race for hour, some multiple hours. I can see that difficulty.

I simply want an app to do this calculation and spit out a number.

(fuel load selected / average liters burned per lap ) + laps already completed = projected number of laps.

Then I can set my new strategy with greater easy, and I can randomly select a preset that gets me close, and bump it up or down, see how it effect the projected final lap, and get back into the race. ALSO... having a +2, +5, +10 as well as -2, -5, -10 would make this process faster. I rather LOVE PitConfig, but trying to run a mouse while I am racing? Seriously... not helping the immersion level at all, and I don't particularly love math on the fly.

Ya, didn't think of that... well... doing stints yes, but I forget that some people race 15 laps, some race for hour, some multiple hours. I can see that difficulty.

I simply want an app to do this calculation and spit out a number.

(fuel load selected / average liters burned per lap ) + laps already completed = projected number of laps.

Then I can set my new strategy with greater easy, and I can randomly select a preset that gets me close, and bump it up or down, see how it effect the projected final lap, and get back into the race. ALSO... having a +2, +5, +10 as well as -2, -5, -10 would make this process faster. I rather LOVE PitConfig, but trying to run a mouse while I am racing? Seriously... not helping the immersion level at all, and I don't particularly love math on the fly.

I'm using F10 mapped to a button on my wheel to cycle through the 4 available presets. I'm pretty sure the F10 cycling presets is built into the PitConfig, you just have to find a way to map it to a button on the wheel (I use JoyToKey).

I'm testing some feature enhancements, which you can try here: http://esotic.com/media/Fuel_Usage_v1.19.zip

There is now an option to select how many laps you'd like to run in your next stint, and it will calculate how many liters of fuel you'd need to add to the current fuel load to complete that many laps. If the number of remaining laps are less than what you've requested it should never suggest more than remainingLaps + 1 worth of fuel. If the amount of fuel needed to complete the requested laps is more than your tank can hold then suggested fuel will be red.

Please let me know how this works for you. This is "beta" code, as I've not tested all the various combination of INI options (purely a combinatorics problem and a limitation of time).
smile.png

If folks say this is working well I'll make the release official, or if bugs are found I will fix them. :)

Cheers,

Esotic

That option is not currently supported in the latest V1.19, but it's in there from the previous versions. What it used to do is let you switch the information on the right side of the app between "instantaneous fuel consumption" (how Thomas Gocke wrote it originally) and "last laps fuel consumption" (which I added for endurance racing). The V1.19 lets you "blink" the last laps fuel consumption on the left side when you cross start/finish (you can control how long) and it dropped instantaneous altogether and changed the right side to only ever show suggested fuel to add at the next pit-stop, as that is critical information for endurance racing (especially with the new AC pit menu).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 305 13.0%