FSR 2013 minimod released

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want something to "mix up" the grid, and/or have different strategies, the rules should go back to 2008/2009.

Refuelling was allowed, so different strategys resulted. On top of that, Q2 Top 10 did 1 lap, except it was done on race fuel... mixing up the grid.

We wont be using any plugins like this in FSR.

They are to unstable and cause to many problems to ensure a smooth running season with so many drivers, and they increase the possibilities for cheating.
Honestly, I feel that is a bad move.

There are too many leagues utilising RFE now simply because rF2 is not ready. It creates almost an rFactor 1.5 that I have said about in the past. Realistically you cannot hack through it as far as I can tell and read from. But also I think you have to show faith in the members of the league with that also.

There is a point where you put faith in your product and people around it to believe they will not cheat. Putting barriers up without it even being tested is a dangerous situation to get in to. Negativity surrounding cheating can be identified by checking logs and also the FSR manager.

Leagues are starting to use this more frequently and it surely has to be considered. Especially for attracting new drivers and new teams. Spice up the broadcasts also.

I genuinely think FSR may miss out heavily if RFE or even KERS is not considered.

The motivations behind not using plugins has been discussed internally between admins and the WC teams, however, I'll recite what I wrote so the reasoning hopefully becomes more clear

The problem of using plugins is threefold:

1. exe compatibility
2. plugin bugs affecting game stability
3. new ways to exploit rFactor to potentially cheat

All of these three points are valid issues for us. exe compatibility is something we cannot control (we cannot enforce drivers to use certain plugin-compatible exes as there are many different versions floating around. Usually what leagues using plugins do is they distribute illegal exes in way or another, which we are not going to do).
Secondly, the latest official rFactor version, 1255c has broken compatibility with any existing plugin, at least according to my knowledge. Thirdly, the RFE weather plugin does not work with Windows 8 under any exe/version (believe me, I've tried).

Plugin bugs and cheating are more self-explanatory issues. You will find that any league running a large number of plugins has had problems with drivers having unusual game crashes etc. Cheating is a valid issue despite we like to think the best out of everyone here. Last summer 4 drivers were given a permanent ban in WS due to this. For example the KERS plugin is basically an external process that must be run during gameplay. Allowing such things to run makes it a lot harder for the file checkers and our tool to secure same level of cheat protection.

The fact that it works fine in your machine doesn't mean that it's working bug free for everybody :)

+1 to what John said.
Oh no I never said it worked fine for everyone else but you referred to me there so I was just saying that I had been ok.

But fair enough, I think more fool those that want to cheat rather than FSR suffer by not using what is a pretty damn good plugin. I take your points though.

I think more fool those that want to cheat rather than FSR suffer by not using what is a pretty damn good plugin. I take your points though.

That's something a serious league cannot do. Cheating can completely destroy a league and its reputation, together with its image to sponsors when it's not handled seriously like FSR is doing since many years. Believe me, we saw many leagues ending to destroy themselves for this reason.
FSR might not use a plug in but this club solid image is also built on years of reputation which we have to protect in all ways.
So, while I'd love to do the way you say and just fool the lame minds who would want to cheat, I think that's an approach our club can't have.
Feeling protected against cheater by a serious system is something very very important for drivers who put a lot of effort in what I believe I can easily call the "elite indipendant" F1 sim league.

You can expect something similar to last season, regarding the prices. I guess it will be announced soon.

About the physics, there is an internal team working on it. This year we are back to non-refuelling rules, and there are few things to tweak with the tyres in this area, as last year we didnt have to use so many fuel.

I already replied to this once David, and got no response from you. What makes you so sure when there has been no TOA vote about this yet?

I dont know why would anyone want to use RFE. It is highly unrealistic. You can drive curbs in wet like its dry, grass also doesnt have any different grip in wet. Only realistic thing about it is drying line, which is also a bit questionable because it runs on areas that go towards curbs where as I said, its unrealistic grip on wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%