rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Montreal 2008 - Sun Aug 22th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My rFactor crashed at the start of Race 1, but I joined Race 2 and was able to finish in 6th, although I had a very bad first lap (spun and dropped to the last position). Had fun passing some pilots. Congratulations to the finishers, that's a tricky circuit.
Thanks to Ivo and RD.

Had a good evening. Strugled early on with traction but went back to my hungary setup and that was alot better. Had alot of downforce so was a sitting duck down the straights but could make it back by attacking the kerbs in sectors 1 and 2.

Race 1, I got 2nd on the grid. Possibly could of got 1st if luck had been on my side but it wasn't and Nico did a great job to get pole. Rather embarisingly span on the warmup lap and lost my front wing, followed the grid round at the back of the gird and then pitted. 16 secound stop plus the pitlane time. Put me at the back. Had a bit of fun getting back up through the field. Some guys let me past quite easily while others wanted a bit more of a battle :p. Bruno was a good case. He was quick down the straights so I had no real way of getting past untill he made a slight mistake. In the end after the Retirements of Chris and Adam I finished 4th.

Race two, I managed to get pole. Wasn't a perfect lap but was good enough :). This time I managed the formation lap without spinning, but a result of this was my tyres were not hot enough. Got a real good start getting a good lead over the field behind. This lead was needed as Nico and Adam then began closing back in on me while my tyres had to get upto temp. I don't really think they ever did but they were consistant managing consstant laptimes the whole race. Nico was running within 2 secounds of me for most of the race untill the finale few laps when he dropped back a fair bit. I think in the end Adam got past? Either way I crossed the line for my 3rd RD win :D.

Thanks Ivo, RD and People for racing :).

Annoying night for me. Had the speed but other factors played there part.

Q1: Got held up on everyone of my laps apart from one where I went off. Ended up qualifying 6th, 2 seconds slower than the time I knew I could do.

R1: Made a good start and was up to 2nd by the end of lap 1. Had a good battle with Chris for that 2nd until he crashed out then I was able to start hunting down Nico for 1st. However, some backmarkers were moving out of the way in the chicanes and not on the straights which made things hard for me. Was 3 seconds down when my engine blew on the exit of the last chicane with only 3 and a bit laps to go.

Q2: Was on for pole until someone blocked me into the hairpin. Had to take avoiding action and ended up overtaking him around the outside by the exit of the corner but the damage was done and I had to start 2nd.

R2: Couldn't see the lights so made a bad start as Chris and Nico overtook me. Got past Chris halfway around lap 1 when he went off and then set about Nico and Lee. Was closing in on them but then backmarkers came into play again and both Nico and I slipped back. Eventually got past Nico into the final chicane on the last lap to take 2nd.

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and those I battled with.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back