AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Monza (live Stream) - Fri 21/07/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
sign-me-up-to-race-please050-jpg.201714

Signing out,picking little-un up later than usual..
Signing you out. Hopefully see you next week Allan! :)

uau, already full grid and reserves??
reserve for me! One place behind Stig´s its always a good position :-P
Added you as 4th reserve :)

Sign me up please. This will be my first premium event! :D
Added you as 5th reserve :)

Me or Rupe will tag you if you make it to the entry list! If you want you can always come into TeamSpeak when Qualifying starts and ask if there is space for you! :)

@BrianUK
@Joseph Wright
@Jintonix
@thefernan_8
@RainhamIron
@Delkim2003
@Colin Herkes
@Lucanus69
@Brewer
@hape
@Kek700
@Gaylord Clapano
@BioForce
@Eddy
@PietervE8
@Achim Demuth
@shedz
@Enzo Fazzi
@LeSunTzu
@Joe Cannarozzo
@BigPoppa_C
@Casper Hougaard
@Daniel Vieira
@RasmusP
@Szymon Olizarowicz
@BrianB
@Stig Bidstrup
@Nuno Rodrigues
@Jools Atkinson
@Paul Glover
@Des Bain

ive tagged you all as i have just spent a good few hours along with other staff looking at Wednesdays nights race in the Audi tt cup car. and for the most it was pretty good but at times the driving was let down by a few drivers, being overly aggressive, braking the Golden Rule and not obeying track limits.

• Track limits

so ill make it quite simple for us all, here is a couple of pictures of where it was abused most
acs_2017_07_21_01_06_46_556.jpg
acs_2017_07_21_01_09_15_733.jpg

as you can see more than 2 wheels over the white line
And here is a vid made by a staff member to illustrate the extent of the problem in one corner,
if your name pops up in the vid shame on you you have now been officially warned.

Now i hope i don't need to go through the replay and check again who is abusing our rules for the sake of a faster lap time.. lift of the gas if your out of bounds plain and simple. if you don't do this and i will intervene if needed, and you wont like it.

• Golden Rule
its quite simple.
Then the driver has two options when contact is made.
  1. Be 100% sure it's not his fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get banned.

• First Corner
We all know Monza so take it easy in the first corner on the first lap, Do not alter your line in the breaking zone, if you are on the left side of the track stick to it, do not suddenly swap over, if there is a problem you have to take it easy, do not and i repeat don not just carry on at race speed and add to the problem,
Brake early and remember the cars around you need room just like you need room.
here is a vid of the first corner you can see the issues arise as it happens. one car changing lane and the car behind then not having enough space to brake.. the cars behind not getting on the brakes in time to slow down.
we then have cars bashing there way through the carnage breaking the golden rule.
all very untidy and not necessary.

• Overtaking
plain and simple if there is a left hand bend, do not drive up the left side of the track to turn left, you need to be as far right as possible, use your heads if the pass is not on pull back and try again. later.
A driver can only attempt a pass when there is room for it and when the chance is reasonably high that it becomes successful without heavy contact. On road courses this means that the overtaking car must be able to get a significant overlap** with the defending car before they get to the point of turn-in for a corner. On ovals any bit of overlap is enough to claim space.
** "Significant overlap" is defined as the attacking car having any portion of it's front wheels in-line with any portion of the defending car's rear wheels. Any less than this, and the defending car will not be obliged to leave room.

So i wish you a pleasant night of driving have fun and remember the above please, we will be watching do not let me down please.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back