AC Friendly Development Series (MX5 Cup) @ Nürburgring Sprint - Sunday 10th July 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey friendly folks - my best practice lap so far is 1:50:009. Planning to knock at least 1-2 seconds more (that first slow section is definitely letting me down) prior to our session on 10th.

Are your times much quicker than my target and shall I raise my expectations? Or should I just bury my head in sand and pretend I've never asked that? ;)

Looked at the RSR and 1:45 being the top one (at the time of typing) 1-2 seconds will be difficult to achieve. Lapping consistently at ~1:53 so bringing the consistent lap down by that much would be good!

That 1:45.077 on RSR is mad ... 0.085 slower than the theoretical fast lap :(

Had a go without ABS this morning, managing to go way quicker than previous efforts ... 1:48.579, consistency <=1:50.xxx

Still hate driving this [and other rear wheel drive cars] without stability control active. Just can't get the same flow with traction control instead of stability :(

Had a go without ABS this morning, managing to go way quicker than previous efforts ... 1:48.579, consistency <=1:50.xxx
Need to try that - got it down to 1:48.7 but it was a one-off lucky lap, however had a stint with 6 sub 1:50 laps in a row. I'll see if turning ABS off helps me a little too. Thanks for the hint!

BTW: Top time on RSR is now set to 1:43.729 :confused:

Tomorrows the day finally. Since it's just the 5 of us, I might throw a few "full course yellows" during the race, so we can practice overtaking if everything gets too stretched out.

Thank you guys for a great time today. Learned a lot and will be more gentle on the brakes now :)

Also - who can spin when leading on the build up to restart just at the start of the main straight? Me :D

Anyway, looking forward for further FD series!

tumblr_nu5pceUazC1s2wio8o1_500.gif

You weren't the only one doing pirouettes on the race track :rolleyes:

Had some fun today, thanks everyone :) Now know just how far behind I am with this car. Tobias said be more aggressive with turn in & get on the throttle earlier, but for me that just equates to slide and spin at the moment.

Much more practice needed ...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea