AC Friendly Development Series (MX5 Cup) @ Nürburgring Sprint - Sunday 10th July 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey friendly folks - my best practice lap so far is 1:50:009. Planning to knock at least 1-2 seconds more (that first slow section is definitely letting me down) prior to our session on 10th.

Are your times much quicker than my target and shall I raise my expectations? Or should I just bury my head in sand and pretend I've never asked that? ;)

Looked at the RSR and 1:45 being the top one (at the time of typing) 1-2 seconds will be difficult to achieve. Lapping consistently at ~1:53 so bringing the consistent lap down by that much would be good!

That 1:45.077 on RSR is mad ... 0.085 slower than the theoretical fast lap :(

Had a go without ABS this morning, managing to go way quicker than previous efforts ... 1:48.579, consistency <=1:50.xxx

Still hate driving this [and other rear wheel drive cars] without stability control active. Just can't get the same flow with traction control instead of stability :(

Had a go without ABS this morning, managing to go way quicker than previous efforts ... 1:48.579, consistency <=1:50.xxx
Need to try that - got it down to 1:48.7 but it was a one-off lucky lap, however had a stint with 6 sub 1:50 laps in a row. I'll see if turning ABS off helps me a little too. Thanks for the hint!

BTW: Top time on RSR is now set to 1:43.729 :confused:

Tomorrows the day finally. Since it's just the 5 of us, I might throw a few "full course yellows" during the race, so we can practice overtaking if everything gets too stretched out.

Thank you guys for a great time today. Learned a lot and will be more gentle on the brakes now :)

Also - who can spin when leading on the build up to restart just at the start of the main straight? Me :D

Anyway, looking forward for further FD series!

tumblr_nu5pceUazC1s2wio8o1_500.gif

You weren't the only one doing pirouettes on the race track :rolleyes:

Had some fun today, thanks everyone :) Now know just how far behind I am with this car. Tobias said be more aggressive with turn in & get on the throttle earlier, but for me that just equates to slide and spin at the moment.

Much more practice needed ...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back