French Grand Prix Set to Return to Formula One in 2018

I don't think I've ever driven a full lap of this circuit in any sim I've ever owned.
To me, it just looks way too 'busy' curb and boundary marking wise.
I tried a bit of driving there a few years ago and got so darned 'turned around' and disoriented after a few spins, I just never looked at it again.
IMSMC....There were so many alternate turns which were not clearly defined as part of the configuration I was trying to run.
Maybe after posting this, I'll try it again.
As for hosting....
If I had a brokerage firm, I'd absolutely want Bernie as my top trader.
He is one sneaky, clever businessman.
Good God!.... is there anything in Formula One this guy is not 'wrapped' in like a blanket?
As the circuit's owner, one of his companies will pay (a premium I'm sure)... to promote the race.
That money then goes to another division of his many companies.
He get's a massive tax write-down and to keep all the money.
Very smart.

Last edited:
well, they better get to building grandstands for people to sit at..
true, lol!

pretty sure they'll have to make lots of adaptations for F1 standards, and that's why it's 2018 and not 2017.

the outline of the circuit looks to be in preparation for the construction of grand stands already.

and I know it's some kind of identity those blue and red lines around the track, but that annoys/bothers me a lot. and need more grass.

Circuit-paul-ricard-3.jpg

Clearly you don't know the meaning of the word "original" :p
Or would you like to draw out those 160 variations?
It is advertised like that so there should have been at a time 160 (167 exactly) different configurations doable.
Here :
https://www.circuitpaulricard.com/fr/page-pistes-et-infrastructures.html

pistes-cpr.png

More there:
https://www.circuitpaulricard.com/fr/actualites

Last edited:
In a year and a half they can build the grandstands, change the pit entry and pit lane and make some modifications to several of the turns to make them tighter for DRS overtaking. What if they decided to use the sprinklers in a random way so drivers would have to change to intemediates or full wet? Bernie joked about this possiblity a couple of years ago. Maybe he wasn't joking after all. Maybe he was thinking about Paul Ricard when he said it.

Hmm, reserving judgement till after the first race in 2018.
Not heard much about this track before, but from the video above and track photo's there's currently not much to get excited about.
There don't seem to be many overtaking opportunities, despite a wide track, as in the video above you can make a car very wide, leaving no room for other cars to pass without taking a heavily compromising line.
Also the pit lane exit definitely needs changing, as now it's on the racing line lol.

Red and blue lines are Bernie's idea.
It makes the track very safe, you can miss a curb and come back to the track easily.
I don't like them too but when you race you don't pay attention to them.

I was upset by this track until i race it and surprisingly had good races on it. It is not flat, you have enough curbs, corners (long and short) and straights for racing. It's disturbing for spectators but it's not a bad track for pilots.
Today i find Hockenheim more boring and i prefer by far the Nurburgring.

Hooray, a painted parking lot to race on. Seriously though, I don't like this track and probably never will. Would've liked to see Magny-Cours make a comeback. Hell, why not screw it and race at Le Mans? ;)

Hooray, a painted parking lot to race on. Seriously though, I don't like this track and probably never will. Would've liked to see Magny-Cours make a comeback. Hell, why not screw it and race at Le Mans? ;)
:confused:
Wow, that's actually may not be as bad idea as it may seems on first thought.
And the second. :D
:thumbsup:

:confused:
Wow, that's actually may not be as bad idea as it may seems on first thought.
And the second. :D
:thumbsup:
A big part of Le Mans uses a road. Each time there is Le Mans, people are in big trouble, you have to stop the circulation on this road and make it private.

In a year and a half they can build the grandstands, change the pit entry and pit lane and make some modifications to several of the turns to make them tighter for DRS overtaking. What if they decided to use the sprinklers in a random way so drivers would have to change to intemediates or full wet? Bernie joked about this possiblity a couple of years ago. Maybe he wasn't joking after all. Maybe he was thinking about Paul Ricard when he said it.
There are stands, of course they need more but i hope that they will not build buildings because the circuit looks nice at it is. It needs more stands all around not bigger imo.

A big part of Le Mans uses a road. Each time there is Le Mans, people are in big trouble, you have to stop the circulation on this road and make it private.
Guess you mean "public road".
Then... what about that... Bugatti version ? I believe that's the real name.
The one that MogoGP drivers are using.
Maybe it's too narrow and unsafe for those sky high F1 standards though. :p
But it's much better layout than both Magny course and especially Paul Ricard.

Le Mans Bugatti doesn't use any public roads and with some updates could work okay. At least spectators are used to going there unlike the other choices. I can't see the ACO paying for F1 though as I expect they are too used to running races where the circuit actually makes a profit. ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.